ePub Language Acquisition: Core Readings download
by Paul Bloom
Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Are you an author? Learn about Author Central. Paul Bloom is Professor of Psychology at Yale University.
Find sources: "Paul Bloom" psychologist – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR . Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press.
Find sources: "Paul Bloom" psychologist – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message). His article in The Atlantic, "Is God an Accident?" was included in The Best American Science Writing 2006.
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Поиск книг BookFi BookSee - Download books for free.
Views captured on Cambridge Core between Recommend this journal. Views captured on Cambridge Core between Paul Bloom (psychologist). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Recommend this journal. Views captured on Cambridge Core between Paul Bloom (psychologist). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Paul Bloom (psychologist). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Language Acquisition offers, in one convenient reader, work by the most outstanding researchers in each field and is intended as a snapshot of the sort of theory and research taking place in language acquisition in the 1990s. All of the articles and chapters were chosen to reflect topics and debates of current interest, and all take an interdisciplinary approach to language development, relating the study of how a child comes to possess a language to issues within linguistics, computational theory, biology, social cognition, and comparative psychology.
While there are several introductory texts on language development, and countless collections of articles, these scientists are asking about language acquisition, the important experimental findings, and the key theoretical debates, suitable for students at advanced levels and scholars with a range of different perspectives and interests.
The readings are organized into six sections:- the onset of language development,- word learning,- syntax and semantics,- morphology,- acquisition in special circumstances, and- alternative perspectives. Each section serves as an introduction to a specific area and provides sufficient background for further reading.
ContributorsDare A. Baldwin. Paul Bloom. Melissa Bowerman. Kathie L. Carpenter. Eve V. Clark. Stephen Crain. Richard F. Cromer. Anne Fernald. Lila Gleitman. Richard Goldberg. Susan Goldin-Meadow. Peter Gordon. Jess Gropen. Michelle Hollander. Janellen Huttenlocher. Annette Karmiloff-Smith. Ellen M.Markman. Peter Marler. Jay L. McClelland. Carolyn Mylander. Elissa L. Newport. Laura Ann Petitto. Steven Pinker. David E. Rumelhart. Patricia Smiley. A Bradford Book
- The Acquisition of Japanese as a Second Language (Language Acquisition and Language Disorders) ebook
- The Acquisition of Spanish: Morphosyntactic development in monolingual and bilingual L1 acquisition and adult L2 acquisition (Language Acquisition and Language Disorders) ebook
- Language Behaviour: Acquisition and Evolutionary History (Language and Development series) ebook
- Neurolinguistic and Psycholinguistic Perspectives on SLA (Second Language Acquisition) ebook
- Language and the Learning Curve: A New Theory of Syntactic Development ebook
- Current Issues in Second Language Acquisition and Development ebook
- Trends in Bilingual Acquisition (Trends in Language Acquisition Research) ebook
- The Crosslinguistic Study of Language Acquisition: Volume 4 ebook
- Handbook of Cognitive Linguistics and Second Language Acquisition ebook
- Second Language Acquisition: An Introductory Course ebook