ePub Lost New York download
by Nathan Silver
The original version of Silver's ode to New York City's architectural ghosts was compiled almost forty years ago, so. .
It definitely belongs on the bookshelf of anyone with an interest in the modern history of Manhattan. Published on February 10, 2004.
Nathan Silver is an architect, teacher, critic, and the author of several books on architecture
Nathan Silver is an architect, teacher, critic, and the author of several books on architecture. He lived in New York for many years before moving to London. It definitely belongs on the bookshelf of anyone with an interest in the modern history of Manhattan.
Nathan Silver, Lost New York. New York: Weathervane Books, 1967, p. 144. This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Manhattan is a stub. php?title Jones Chapel (New York City)&oldid 932975204". Categories: Churches in Manhattan.
NATHAN SILVER'S outraged threnody ''Lost New York'' (1967) moved New Yorkers wounded by the losses of Penn Station and other landmarks. But by the time the book came out Mr. Silver had moved to England, and he missed the last three decades of preservation protests and progress. Mr. Silver was born in New York in 1936; his father, Isaac, an architect, taught engineering drafting at Stuyvesant High School, and his grandfather, Nathan, ran Silver's,.
New York : Schocken Books. inlibrary; printdisabled; ; china.
Nathan Silver is an architect, teacher, critic, and the author of several books on architecture. Издание: иллюстрированное, перепечатанное. Библиографические данные. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2000. 0618054758, 9780618054756.
Lost New York appeared at the beginning of a popular wave of feeling about the past that was driven largely by the belief that modern architects, left to their own devices, would create unlivable cities. The Landmarks Preservation Law had been passed in New York a year earlier, creating the city’s first official body charged with saving historic structures.
AUTHOR: Silver, Nathan. TITLE: Lost New York. ACCEPTABLE - May have major wear and tear. Additional Product Features. Place of Publication. Will not be for the collector or suitable as a present unless hard to find elsewhere. Read full description.
- A Voyage to America Ninety Years Ago: The Diary of a Bohemian Jew on His Voyage from Hamburg to New York in 1847 (Studies in Judaica and the Holocaust) ebook
- Nathan Never 2: La Ciudad Subterranea / Nathan Never 2: the Underground City (Spanish Edition) ebook
- Concrete Jungle (Predator) ebook
- Silver City (Silver Sequence) ebook
- Nathan Never 1 las fieras/ Nathan Never 1 The Fierce Ones (Spanish Edition) ebook
- Nathan And Nicholas Alexander ebook
- The Dreamtime ebook
- Stories with Holes Volume 1, Revised Updated ebook
- Nathan Hale: Revolutionary Spy (Graphic Biographies) ebook
- Minister: Book 1: Drug Lord ebook