ePub A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina download
by Michael T. Southern,Catherine W. Bishir
I also own the Guide to the Historic Architecture of Western North Carolina and find it equally valuable.
This guide offers more insight into North Carolina's development and lifestyles than do most histories of the state. The three-volume guide to the historic architecture of North Carolina may top the list of guide books. These three books provide what is surely the most comprehensive, historically and culturally informative, and easy-to-use set of guides to any state in the nation. I also own the Guide to the Historic Architecture of Western North Carolina and find it equally valuable.
In their guide to this rich and diverse architectural heritage, Catherine Bishir and Michael Southern introduce readers to more than 1,700 buildings in. .Two future volumes will cover western and piedmont North Carolina.
Featuring more than 400 photographs and 30 maps, the guide is organized by counties, which are grouped geographically.
Catherine W. Bishir, Michael T. Southern. This richly illustrated guide offers a fascinating look at the Piedmont's Central North Carolina boasts a rich and varied architectural landscape-from the early plantation houses and farms of its northeastern reaches, to the red brick textile mills and tobacco factories that line railroads across the region, to the glamorous New South skyscrapers of downtown Charlotte. This richly illustrated guide offers a fascinating look at the Piedmont's historic architecture, covering more than 2,000 sites in 34 counties.
book by Catherine W. Bishir. Central North Carolina boasts a rich and varied architectural landscape-from the early plantation houses and farms of its northeastern reaches, to the red brick textile mills and tobacco factories that line railroads across the region, to the glamorous New South skyscrapers of downtown Charlotte.
Bishir, Catherine W. and Michael T. A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 2003. Bryan, John M. Creating the South Carolina State House. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 1999. Kay, John A. Address, Columbia, 1858. This article about a United States architect or architectural firm is a stub.
Bibliographic Details . List this Seller's Books.
Bibliographic Details Publisher: Chapel Hill, UNC Press. Publication Date: 2003. Payment Methods accepted by seller. AbeBooks Bookseller Since: November 23, 1999.
Cabarrus County NC - Historical Moments - Historic Courthouse - Продолжительность: 10:03 . North Carolina/North Carolina Geography/North Carolina State - Продолжительность: 3:36 Kids Learning Tube Recommended for you. 3:36
Моя квартира в Швейцарии. 3:36. 25 Best Places to Visit in the USA - Travel Video - Продолжительность: 28:39 touropia Recommended for you. 28:39. New York Quick Walk Empire State Building to CC/Central Park - Продолжительность: 27:47 MrKong NYC Recommended for you. 27:47.
Catherine Bishir, Senior Architectural Historian for Preservation North Carolina, is the author of numerous works on the architecture of the Upper South, including most recently A Guide to Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina. Библиографические данные. Southern Built: American Architecture, Regional Practice Southern Built: American Architecture, Regional Practice, Catherine W.
A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Piedmont North Carolina. Created April 29, 2008. Download catalog record: RDF, JSON. Created by an anonymous user.
the agency's statewide architectural survey and National Register of Historic Places programs. A previous volume covers eastern North Carolina and a future volume will cover the piedmont region. 来说两句 ·. 热门, 最新, 好友. 还没人写过短评呢.
- Insiders' Guide to North Carolina's Central Coast and New Bern (Insiders' Guide to North Carolina's Central Coast) ebook
- Adventuring Along the Southeast Coast: The Sierra Club Guide to the Low Country, Beaches, and Barrier Islands of North Carolina, South Carolina, and (Sierra Club Adventure Travel Guides) ebook
- Beaufort County, North Carolina (Images of America) ebook
- Wood, Brick and Stone: The North American Settlement Landscape : Barns and Farm Structures ebook
- The Way We Lived in North Carolina (Published in Association with the Office of Archives and His) ebook
- Charlotte and the Carolina Piedmont (NC) (Images of America) ebook
- Insiders' Guide® to North Carolina's Piedmont Triad: Greensboro, Winston-Salem High Point (Insiders' Guide Series) ebook
- A Guide to the Historic Architecture of Eastern North Carolina (Richard Hampton Jenrette Series in Architecture and the Decorative Arts) ebook
- An Independent People: The Way We Lived in North Carolina, 1770-1820 (Way We Lived in North Carolina Series) ebook
- The Civil War in North Carolina: Soldiers' and Civilians' Letters and Diaries, 1861-1865. Vol. 1: The Piedmont. Series: The Civil War in North Carolina ebook