ePub The Technique and Spirit of Fugue: An Historical Study download
by George Oldroyd
He was the author of The Technique And Spirit Of Fugue: An Historical Study, published in 1948.
George Oldroyd (1 December 1886, Healey, Yorkshire, England – 26 February 1951, London, England) was an English organist, composer and teacher of Anglican church music. He was organist of St. Alban's Church, Holborn from 1919 to 1920, and then of St Michael's Church, Croydon from 1920 until his death in 1956. Both are churches firmly rooted within the Anglo-Catholic tradition in the Church of England. He was the author of The Technique And Spirit Of Fugue: An Historical Study, published in 1948.
author: George Oldroyd d. ate. te: 2004-07-26 d. citation: 1949 d. dentifier: RMSC, IIIT-H d. dentifier. origpath: 8 d. copyno: 1 d.
This book is not a study of fugal composition, that is, EXPRESSION through the medium of fugue, though it might perhaps be called a prelude to such study, for it is largely concerned with the technique of writing. But it is a book which, one hopes, may arouse the young earnest musician to deep contemplation of Bach's works, so that he may draw from them wisdom and understanding such as will guide him in his own endeavours whether he be creator, performer or interpreter. It has also the express purpose of equipping students for the tests in the writing of Fugues as demanded by Diploma and.
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Start by marking The Technique And Spirit Of Fugue: An Historical Study as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read.
The Technique and Spirit of Fugue: An Historical Study. by. George Oldroyd (Author).
The technique and spirit of fugue. 1 2 3 4 5. Want to Read. Are you sure you want to remove The technique and spirit of fugue from your list? The technique and spirit of fugue.
George Oldroyd (1887–1956) was an English organist and composer of Anglican church music.
Personal Name: Oldroyd, George. On this site it is impossible to download the book, read the book online or get the contents of a book. The administration of the site is not responsible for the content of the site. The data of catalog based on open source database. All rights are reserved by their owners. Download book The technique and spirit of fugue; an historical study. With a foreword by Sir Stanley Marchant.
This book provides a more enlightened understanding of fugal writing, based on the works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Cantata No. 169 -- Gott soll allein mein Herze haben: SATB with A Solo (Kalmus Edition) ebook
- Bach Famous Pieces: 10 Arrangements for Piano ebook
- Toccata And Fugue In D Minor Organ ebook
- Johann Sebastian Bach: His Life In Pictures And Documents ebook
- At the Piano with J. S. Bach ebook
- J. S. Bach at His Royal Instrument: Essays on His Organ Works ebook
- Das wahre Leben des Johann Sebastian Bach. ebook
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Toccatas, Fantasias, Passacaglia and Other Works for Organ (Dover Music for Organ) ebook
- Theories of Fugue from the Age of Josquin to the Age of Bach (Eastman Studies in Music) ebook
- Best of Bach: 12 Solo Arrangements with CD Accompaniment ebook