ePub Untamable Texts: Literary Studies and Narrative Theory in the Books of Samuel (The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) download
by Andrew Mein,Claudia V. Camp,Greger Andersson
Greger Andersson proposes to undertake "a critical examination of so-called literary or narrative readings of the historical books in the Old Testament, mainly the books of Samuel" (p. 1). His thesis is initially formulated in th. .
Greger Andersson proposes to undertake "a critical examination of so-called literary or narrative readings of the historical books in the Old Testament, mainly the books of Samuel" (p. His thesis is initially formulated in the negative as "biblical literary critics do not read biblical narratives as literature" (p. 2). The work is organized into an introduction where the author lays ou.
Untamable Texts book. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. The prime and unique contribution of this study is the meta-theoretical. Start by marking Untamable Texts: Literary Studies and Narrative Theory in the Books of Samuel as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read.
Narrative Art In The Bible.
ed. Rethinking Contexts, Rereading Texts: Contributions from the Social Sciences to Biblical Interpretation. Ranking Sociological and Anthropological Studies : ranked 10. Bar-Efrat, Shimon. Narrative Art In The Bible. Ranking Literary Approaches : ranked 4. Gnuse, Robert Karl. No Other Gods: Emergent Monotheism in Israel.
Series: The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies (LHBOTS). Publisher: T&T Clark. Publication Date: 2016. The book has all the characteristics of a dissertation: careful and extensive analysis of pertinent and related biblical material; support from current scholarship in the field; a clearly argued defense of conclusions; a final synthesis of all the findings achieved through this intertextual analysis.
Book useful for those who want to improve their translation theory .
Book useful for those who want to improve their translation theory knowledge. The library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament studies ; (Playing the texts) Includes bibliographical references and index. ISBN-13: 978-0-567-02709-2 (hardcover : alk. paper) ISBN-10: 0-567-02709-0 (hardcover : alk. paper) 1. Bible. Chapter 2 CREATION IN THE IMAGE Reception Theory and Literary Afterlives Talking about the Literary Afterlife of the Bible The Art of Biblical Retelling. 16 16 22 25. Chapter 3 ACCORDING TO THE LIKENESS Literary Criticism and the Interrelationships of Texts Imitation Invention Influence Intertextuality.
Library of hebrew bible/ old testament studies. 437 Formerly Journal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement Series. Mayes, Carol Meyers, Patrick D. Miller, Yvonne Sherwood.
Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies. Jeremiah W Cataldo; Andrew Mein; Claudia V Camp. Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H). 0 x . 0 Inches.
Untamable texts: literary studies and narrative theory in the books of Samuel. London: T&T Clark (Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies 514). A Literary Study of Judges and the Books of Samuel. Andersson, G. & Spjuth, R. (2013)., Boström, L., Eriksson, L. & Viberg, Å. (2006). Berättarna: en guide till Gamla testamentets historiska böcker. Mysteriet gör påsken fortsatt relevant.
Recent papers in Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, The Book of Numbers. How were legal issues featuring women treated and resolved in the Book of Numbers? Francesco Cocco studies a trio of texts and finds the prominent place afforded to women quite peculiar and, it seems, at odds with the notions of autonomy, freedom, self-determination, or whatever other synonym can be married conceptually to the idea of women in leading roles.
The Jewish Tanakh (sometimes called the Hebrew Bible) contains 24 books divided into three parts: the five books of the Torah ("teaching"); the eight books of the Nevi'im ("prophets"); and the eleven books of Ketuvim ("writings"). It is composed mainly in Biblical Hebrew, and its Septuagint is the main textual source for the Christian Greek Old Testament.
- The Earliest Advocates of the English Bible: The Texts of the Medieval Debate (Exeter Medieval Texts and Studies LUP) ebook
- Iconographic Exegesis and Third Isaiah (Forschungen Zum Alten Testament 2 Reihe / Research on the Old Testament) ebook
- Out of Eden: Reading, Rhetoric, And Ideology in Genesis 2-3 (The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) (Library Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) ebook
- Prophets, Performance, and Power: Performance Criticism of the Hebrew Bible ebook
- Words Remembered, Texts Renewed: Essays in Honour of John F.A. Sawyer (The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) ebook
- Folklore and the Hebrew Bible (GUIDES TO BIBLICAL SCHOLARSHIP OLD TESTAMENT SERIES) ebook
- Redirected Travel: Alternative Journeys and Places in Biblical Studies (The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) ebook
- Biblical Criticism in Crisis?: The Impact of the Canonical Approach on Old Testament Studies ebook
- Reading the Psalms as a Book (The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) ebook
- Critical Paths: Blake and the Argument of Method ebook