ePub The Lord's University: Freedom and Authority at Byu download
by Brian Kagel,Bryan Waterman
Two BYU alumni, Bryan Waterman and Brian Kagel, have written an interesting summary of controversial firings at BYU in the 1990s
Two BYU alumni, Bryan Waterman and Brian Kagel, have written an interesting summary of controversial firings at BYU in the 1990s. While only Mormons, BYU alumni, or those with an interest in religious universities' battle with academic freedom will read this journalistic narrative, it is nonetheless an important expose of the way the Mormon church operates.
The Lord's University book. Repeatedly Brigham Young University (the Lord's University). Waterman and Kagel follow these volatile campus events for a ten-year period and place them within the historical context of greater American culture wars and religious change that have other campuses Repeatedly Brigham Young University (the "Lord's University") grabs headlines by censoring art, firing liberal faculty members, and insisting that Moses wrote the Pentateuch.
-University of Chicago, 1981. Includes bibliographical references (leaves 213-233). October 1969 · The Journal of Higher Education. Freedom of the press in Indonesia in the 1970's /. Suparto.
Author Bryan Waterman Author Brian Kagel. Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1998. In recent years, the BYU community has wrestled with the question of the University's purpose and mission perhaps more than at any other time. Among the motivating factors for this recent introspection are the increasing profile of the Church and the University in the world, the growing diversity of BYU students and faculty, changes in society that draw Latter-day Saints ever farther from the mainstream of Western academic culture, and the ever-decreasing percentage of LDS students who can attend BYU.
Free fulltext PDF articles from hundreds of disciplines, all in one place. The Lord's University: Freedom and Authority at BYU Bryan Waterman and Brian Kagel. BYU Studies Quarterly, Dec 1999.
1999 ; Vol. 51. pp. 10-10.
Waterman, Bryan, and Brian Kagel. Waterman, Bryan, ed. The Prophet Puzzle: Interpretive Essays on Joseph Smith. Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1999. The Lord's University: Freedom and Authority at BYU. Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1988. Westergren, Bruce . ed. From Historian to Dissident: The Book of John Whitmer. Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 1995.
BRYAN WATERMAN and BRIAN KAGEL the lord s university freedom. and authority at BYU salt lake city signature books 1998 xii 453 pap. illustrations index 1919995. rreevvieiwleedd by kent P jackson professor of ancient scripture brigham young university.
- Romance in the Ivory Tower: The Rights and Liberty of Conscience (The MIT Press) ebook
- The First Liberty: Religion and the American Republic ebook
- Synod on the Freedom of Conscience: A Thorough Examination during the Gathering Held in the Year 1582 in the City of Freetown ebook
- Religion is a Personal Matter (American University Studies) ebook
- Religion, Feminism and Freedom of Conscience: A Mormon Humanist Dialogue ebook
- Protecting Intellectual Freedom and Privacy in Your School Library (SLM Hot Topics) ebook
- Essays in the History of Liberty (Selected Writings of Lord Acton) ebook
- Beyond a Christian Commonwealth: The Protestant Quarrel with the American Republic, 1830-1860 ebook
- We Have a Religion: The 1920s Pueblo Indian Dance Controversy and American Religious Freedom ebook
- Liberal Faith: Essays in Honor of Philip Quinn ebook