ePub New Testament Times download
by T. Tenney
I have to say that this is a foundational book on the background of the New Testament. Tenney is a very clear writer, clearly well studied in history as well as biblical topics
I have to say that this is a foundational book on the background of the New Testament. Tenney is a very clear writer, clearly well studied in history as well as biblical topics. The book goes through the background of the New Testament giving cultural, political, geographical, economic, and religious influences. It also gives discussions on the authorship, date, outline/structure, content, purpose, and themes of every book in the New Testament.
New Testament Times book. Details (if other): Cancel.
Tenney was born April 16, 1904 in Chelsea, Massachusetts, to Wallace Fay Tenney and Lydia Smith Goodwin. He earned a diploma from Nyack Missionary Training Institute (1924), his T.
New Testament Times provides a short reconstruction of the cultural background in which Christianity arose and developed from the time of the Maccabean Revolt to . 138. The book begins with an explanation of the relevance of the historical, political, social, and economic background during the first century which helps furnish a proper understanding of the New Testament.
Home . Details for: New Testament times. Normal view MARC view ISBD view. Eerdmans, 1965Description: 396 . il. maps . ewey: 22. T299nBibliography: Includes bibliographical references and indexes, charts, timeline, genealogical charts. История современных событий, Bible. History of contemporary events. Tags from this library: No tags from this library for this title.
to Novum Testamentum TDNT-Theological Dictionary of the New Testament Tenney-Merrill C. Tenney, New Testament Survey (London: IVP, 1951) Theol-Theology THNT-Theologischer Handkommentar zum Neuen.
Undertaken at the request of Dr. Tenney, and prepared with his full approval, this 1985 revision by Walter M. Dunnett includes an entirely new chapter on the Jewish background of the New Testament, plus several new short sections, including materials on the Gospels and the canon of the New Testament. First published in 1953 and revised in 1961, Merrill Tenney's comprehensive survey has served to introduce the general reader, student, and teacher to the world and message of the New Testament.
In this way, you can really decide that is offered to obtain your personal book on-line. Lots of numbers of publications from several areas are provided.
- Peoples of the New Testament World: An Illustrated Guide ebook
- Old Testament Theology, Volume II (OTL) (The Old Testament Library) ebook
- New Testament Greek Manuscripts: Matthew (New Testament Greek Manuscripts) ebook
- The Message New Testament: The New Testament in Contemporary Language (Think) ebook
- A Photo Tour of Orange County (Photo Tour Books (Paperback)) ebook
- The Old Testament Canon of the New Testament Church and Its Background in Early Judaism ebook
- New Testament Commentary: Romans (New Testament Commentary) ebook
- Manners Customs of Bible Times (Illustrated Bible Summary Series) ebook
- Hidden pictures in the Old Testament, or, How the New Testament is concealed in the Old Testament ebook
- Longman English-Chinese Photo Dictionary (Longman Photo Dictionary) ebook