ePub Educational Leadership and Planning for Technology (3rd Edition) download
by Anthony G. Picciano
Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Are you an author? Learn about Author Central. Anthony G. Picciano (Author). ISBN-13: 978-0137058228.
Paperback, 314 pages. Published May 23rd 2010 by Pearson (first published June 20th 1997). 0137058225 (ISBN13: 9780137058228).
The purpose of this book is to provide educators with both the theoretical and the practical considerations for planning and implementing technology, particularly computer applications, in schools.
Presentation on theme: "Educational Leadership and Planning for Technology Chapter 3. .
Presentation on theme: "Educational Leadership and Planning for Technology Chapter 3 – Technology, Learning, and Equity Issues Dr. Picciano. - Presentation transcript: 1 Educational Leadership and Planning for Technology Chapter 3 – Technology, Learning, and Equity Issues Dr.
Anthony G. Picciano is the author of four books on education and technology. In June 2000, Dr. Picciano published Distance Learning: Making Connections across Virtual Space and Time (Merrill/Prentice Hall) which extensively covers the growing field of distance learning. Dr. Picciano is a professor in the Education Administration and Supervision Program in the School of Education at Hunter College. Picciano is an American scholar, author, and academic who has made significant contributions to the study of digital technology in education leadership, planning, and instruction. He has conducted major national studies with Jeff Seaman on instructional technology use in American K-12 education. He holds faculty positions at Hunter College, the Graduate Center, and the School of Professional Studies, all at the City University of New York.
This book provides educators with both the theoretical and the practical considerations for planning and implementing technology in schools. It is one of the very few books directed to educational leaders who realize the importance of a long-term vision and investment in technology. Emphasis is placed throughout on the importance of the total application as opposed to any individual component of technology planning. Staff development, facilities, and finances are treated with the same importance as hardware and software.
ABOUT DR. PICCIANO Anthony G. Picciano holds faculty appointments in the P. Program in Urban Education at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY), the graduate program in Education Leadership at Hunter College, and the doctoral certificate program in Interactive Pedagogy and Technology at the CUNY Graduate Center. Data-Driven Decision Making for Effective School Leadership (2006, Pearson).
For pre- or in-services courses on planning technology applications for school administrators, computer coordinators, and library media specialists. The first instructional technology text to focus on school administrators, this work continues to offer extensive coverage on technology planning and policies for technology leaders in schools. Coverage includes: Basic Concepts and Foundations, Applications, and Planning and Implementation to inform readers of both the theoretical and practical considerations for planning and implementing school-based technology.
- The Information-Powered School ebook
- Component-Based Development: Principles and Planning for Business Systems (Addison-wesley Object Technology Series) ebook
- Advances in Input-Output Analysis: Technology, Planning, and Development ebook
- Planning for Technology: A Guidebook for Teachers, Technology Leaders, and School Administrators (Best practices series) ebook
- We Boost Achievement!: Evidence Based Practice For School Library Media Specialists ebook
- Expert Systems: Applications to Urban Planning ebook
- Managing Information Systems: Ten Essential Topics ebook
- Strategic Investment Planning With Technology Choice in Manufacturing Systems (Garland Studies on Industrial Productivity) ebook
- Visualization in Landscape and Environmental Planning: Technology and Applications ebook
- Traffic Planning and Engineering (Pergamon international library of science, technology, engineering, and social studies) ebook