ePub Theories on Distributed Feedback Lasers (Laser Science and Technology) download
by F. K. Kneubuhl
Start by marking Theories on Distributed Feedback Lasers as Want to Read . Kneubuhl is a professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, where he works in the Infrared Physics Laboratory.
Start by marking Theories on Distributed Feedback Lasers as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read.
A laser is a laser where the whole resonator consists of a. .H. Kogelnik and C. V. Shank, Coupled-wave theory of distributed feedback lasers, J. Appl.
A laser is a laser where the whole resonator consists of a periodic structure, which acts as a distributed reflector in the wavelength range of laser action, and contains a gain medium. Typically, the periodic structure is made with a phase shift in its middle. The result is a single-mode emission at an outmost precise wavelength with an extremely narrow linewidth.
Fritz K. Kneubuhl The first theories on this type of DFB lasers were restricted to small modulations
Distributed feedback (DFB) was first incorporated in dye lasers in 1971,1–3 in solid-state lasers in 1973,4 and in a gas laser in 1979,5–8 . an optically pumped 496-μm CH3F laser with a periodic metal waveguide. The first theories on this type of DFB lasers were restricted to small modulations. 9,10 In principle, theories on linear DFB lasers are based on complex Mathieu and Hill equations. 11 Recently a theory was developed12 which also permits the treatment of strong modulations on the basis of matrix methods. 13 This theory provides dispersion relations, resonance conditions, and threshold gains. of the DFB laser modes.
In the sensor system, two distributed feedback fiber lasers and a mode-locked laser are employed as the sensor array and probe laser, respectively.
This study puts forward the concept of helical distributed feedback (DFB) lasers. Kneubühl: Theory on distributed feedback lasers including strong modulations. The basic features of this new type of laser are derived by group theoretical considerations on cylindrical, circular linear periodic, and helical waveguide and laser structures. It is demonstrated that not only linear periodic structures but also helical structures show Bragg and DFB effects. Microwave and far-infrared experiments on passive helical metal waveguides reveal Bragg resonances in transmission.
Recently published articles from Optics & Laser Technology. Distributed fiber optic vibration sensing with wide dynamic range, high frequency response, and multi-points accurate location. Effects of laser power on the interfacial intermetallic compounds and mechanical properties of dual-spot laser welded–brazed Ti/Al butt joint. Peng Li Zhenglong Lei Xinrui Zhang Jinge Liu Yanbin Chen.
Examining distributed feedback (DFB) laser diodes, this title covers the underlying theory, commercial . in electrical engineering.
Examining distributed feedback (DFB) laser diodes, this title covers the underlying theory, commercial applications. Patrick Vankwikelberge currently works on process engineering in Alcatel's Corporate Business Processes and Information Systems Department.
Laser science or laser physics is a branch of optics that describes the theory and practice of lasers. Laser science is principally concerned with quantum electronics, laser construction, optical cavity design, the physics of producing a population inversion in laser media, and the temporal evolution of the light field in the laser
- Trends in Theory and Practice of Nonlinear Differential Equations (Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics) ebook
- Handbook of Pseudo-riemannian Geometry and Supersymmetry (IRMA Lectures in Mathematics and Theoretical Physics) ebook
- Nonlinear Theory of Generalized Functions (Chapman Hall/CRC Research Notes in Mathematics Series) ebook
- Computer-Assisted Theory Building: Modeling Dynamic Social Systems ebook
- Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics: Ensemble Method (Fundamental Theories of Physics) ebook
- The Enigmatic Photon - Volume 2: Non-Abelian Electrodynamics (FUNDAMENTAL THEORIES OF PHYSICS Volume 68) ebook
- Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers ebook
- Finite-Temperature Field Theory (Cambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics) ebook
- Quantum Theory of the Solid State: An Introduction (Fundamental Theories of Physics) ebook
- Gauging What's Real: The Conceptual Foundations of Contemporary Gauge Theories ebook