ePub Selected Papers on Nonimaging Optics (Spie Milestone Series) download
by Roland Winston
Read by Roland Winston. See a Problem? We’d love your help.
Read by Roland Winston.
SPIE books provide content relating to optics and photonics, such as Selected Papers on. .SPIE Milestone Series
SPIE Milestone Series. Milestone Series volumes are collections of seminal papers that have defined their fields, from Newton's first reflections on optics to modern breakthroughs in nanotechnology.
Other books in this series. Selected Papers on Multiphoton Excitation Microscopy. Selected Papers on Fundamentals of Quantum Optics.
Professor Non-imaging Optics is the theory of thermodynamically efficient optics and as such depends more on thermodynamics than on optics.
Nonimaging optics is focused on the study of techniques to design concentrators or illuminators systems. The flowline optical design method, based on the definition of the geometrical flux vector J, is one of these techniques. Non-imaging Optics is the theory of thermodynamically efficient optics and as such depends more on thermodynamics than on optics. Hence in this paper a condition for the "best" design is proposed based on purely thermodynamic arguments, which we believe has profound consequences for design of thermal and even photovoltaic systems.
More by Roland Winston.
Nonimaging optics (also called anidolic optics) is the branch of optics concerned with the optimal transfer of light radiation between a source and a target. Unlike traditional imaging optics, the techniques involved do not attempt to form an image of the source; instead an optimized optical system for optimal radiative transfer from a source to a target is desired
Roland Winston, e. Selected papers on nonimaging optics, (SPIE milestone series ; vo. At the University of Chicago, a group led by R. Winston works in the field and maintains a WWW nonimaging optics page
Roland Winston, e. Selected papers on nonimaging optics, (SPIE milestone series ; vol. MS 106) ISBN 0-8194-1799-8. The nonimaging Bible is certainly the book: W. T. Welford, R. Winston, High collection nonimaging optics, Academic Press, San Diego, 1989, ISBN 0-12-742885-2. A good introduction to nonimaging optics: Roland Winston, Nonimaging Optics, Scientific American, 264(3), 1991. Winston works in the field and maintains a WWW nonimaging optics page. In France, the Centre d’Energétique at the Ecole des Mines de Paris designed efficient luminaires using nonimaging optics methods.
Roland Winston is a leading figure in the field of nonimaging optics and its applications to solar energy, and is sometimes termed the "father of non-imaging optics". He is the inventor of the compound parabolic concentrator(CPC), a breakthrough technology in solar energy.
This book provides a comprehensive look at the science, methods, designs, and limitations of nonimaging optics. It begins with an in-depth discussion on thermodynamically efficient optical designs and how they improve the performance. It then moves into limits to concentration, imaging devices and their limitations, and the theory of furnaces and its applications to optical design
A 10, pp. 190221908, 1993.
Nonimaging reeectors as functionals of the acceptance angle Also included in Selected Papers in Nonimaging Optics. A 10, pp. Cavity enhancement b y controlled directional scattering Also included in Selected Papers in Nonimaging Optics.
- Nonlinear Optics Applications (Proceedings of Spie) ebook
- Photonic Applications in Nonlinear Optics, Nanophotonics, and Microwave Photonics (Proceedings of Spie) ebook
- Charged-Particle Optics II (SPIE proceedings series) ebook
- Selected Papers on Scalar Wave Diffraction (Spie Milestone Series, 51) ebook
- Nanoengineering: Fabrication, Properties, Optics, And Devices; 4-6 August 2004, Denver, Colorado, USA (Proceedings of Spie) ebook
- Optical Monitoring of the Environment: Cis Selected Papers (SPIE proceedings series) ebook
- Selected Papers on Optical Techniques for Industrial Inspection (SPIE Milestone Series Vol. MS135) ebook
- Selected Papers on Dye Lasers (S P I E Milestone Series) ebook
- Cis Selected Papers: High Power Multibeam Lasers and Their Phase Locking/V 2109 (SPIE proceedings series) ebook
- Fifth Symposium Optics in Industry (Proceedings of Spie) ebook