ePub An Assessment of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Center for Neutron Research: Fiscal Year 2008 download
by National Research Council,Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences,Laboratory Assessments Board,Panel on Neutron Research
It is a very well-managed user facility.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is a physical sciences laboratory, and a non-regulatory agency of the United States Department of Commerce. It was formerly known as the National Bureau of Standards.
Panel members are selected by the NASEM NRC from leaders in industry, academia, non-profit organizations and other federal agencies and government laboratories. The assessments focus on NIST-wide ongoing needs and activities.
Laboratory Assessments Board. Neutron radiography is a major non-destructive test method used for investigations of LWR fuel rods at HFR Petten. 118+ million publications. More than 150 fuel rods have been neutron radiographed at various stages of irradiation testing.
Each of these was addressed individually by a separate panel of experts; this report assesses NCNR.
Mobile version (beta). Epub FB2 mobi txt RTF. Converted file can differ from the original. If possible, download the file in its original format.
Responsibility for the final content of this report rests entirely with the authoring panel and the institution.
Laboratory Assessments Board Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences National Academies of. .adequacy of the laboratories’ resources.
PublisherNational Academies Press. ReleasedNovember 30, 2018.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] Center for Neutron Research (NCNR) is a national user facility whose mission is to ensure the availability of neutron measurement capabilities in order to meet the needs of U.S. researchers from industry, academia, and government agencies.
A panel of experts from the National Research Council evaluated the NCNR by the following criteria: (1) the technical merit of the current laboratory programs relative to the current state of the art worldwide; (2) the adequacy of the laboratory facilities, equipment, and human resources, as they affect the quality of the laboratory technical programs; and (3) the degree to which the laboratory programs in measurement science and standards achieve their stated objectives and desired impact.
This book finds that NCNR is an extremely reliable and comprehensive neutron scattering facility. Even as the other neutron source in the nation-the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS)-becomes increasingly operational and the Oak Ridge High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) comes back online, the NCNR will continue to be a vital resource for meeting the broad spectrum of user needs for and scientific objectives related to neutron scattering.
- Neutron and Synchrotron Radiation for Condensed Matter Studies: Volume 1: Theory, Instruments and Methods (v. 1) ebook
- Laboratory Corrosion Tests and Standards (Astm Special Technical Publication) ebook
- Pulsars - 13 Years of Research on Neutron Stars (International Astronomical Union Symposia) ebook
- Fundamental Properties of the Neutron (Oxford Series on Neutron Scattering in Condensed Matter) ebook
- Guidelines for Laboratory Quality Auditing (Quality and Reliability) ebook
- Security Guide for Interconnecting Information Systems: Recommendations of the National Institute of Standards and Technology ebook
- 75 years of aerospace research in the Netherlands: A sketch of the National Aerospace Laboratory NLR, 1919-1994 ebook
- 50 Years With Nuclear Fission, National Academy of Sciences Washington, D.C. and Natl Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Md. Apr 89 ebook
- Protection of Works of Art from Soiling Due to Airborne Particulates: Environmental Quality Laboratory, California Institute of Technology the Getty ... Institute (GCI Scientific Program Reports) ebook
- Treatise on Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 15: Neutron Scattering ebook