ePub The Garies and Their Friends download
by Frank J. Webb
Электронная книга "The Garies and Their Friends", Frank J. Webb.
Электронная книга "The Garies and Their Friends", Frank J. Эту книгу можно прочитать в Google Play Книгах на компьютере, а также на устройствах Android и iOS. Выделяйте текст, добавляйте закладки и делайте заметки, скачав книгу "The Garies and Their Friends" для чтения в офлайн-режиме.
Frank J. Webb (1828–1894) was an African-American novelist, poet, and essayist from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His novel, The Garies and Their Friends (1857), was the second novel by an African American to be published and the first to portray the daily lives of free blacks in the North.
Home Books Frank J Webb Read The Garies and Their Friends Online. Choose the part of The Garies and Their Friends which you want to read from the table of contents to get started. Reading Personality Quiz. Table of Contents for The Garies and Their Friends by Frank J. This book contains 134434 words. With an average reading speed of 420 words per minute, you will finish reading this book in 2 days if you devote 4 hours daily. Measure your reading speed and know how fast you will finish any book. Take the reading speed test and find out your reading speed.
The book which now appears before the public may be of interest in relation to a question which the late agitation of the subject of slavery has raised in many thoughtful minds; viz.
Preface by Harriet Beecher Stowe. The book which now appears before the public may be of interest in relation to a question which the late agitation of the subject of slavery has raised in many thoughtful minds; viz. Are the race at present held as slaves capable of freedom, self government, and progress? The author is a coloured young man, born and reared in the city of Philadelphia.
Your Shopping Basket. You are browsing: All The Garies and Their Friends. More books by Frank J Webb. Foyalty 45. The Garies and Their Friends (Paperback). Usually despatched within 3 weeks. All delivery times quoted are the average, and cannot be guaranteed. These should be added to the availability message time, to determine when the goods will arrive. During checkout we will give you a cumulative estimated date for delivery. Webb introduction by Robert Reid-Pharr
Frank J. Webb introduction by Robert Reid-Pharr. In this novel set in antebellum America, the Garies-a white southerner, his mulatto slave-turned-wife, and their two children-have moved to Philadelphia from Georgia. Originally published in London in 1857, The Garies and Their Friends was the second novel published by an African American and the first to chronicle the experience of free blacks in the pre-Civil War northeast.
Section 5. General Information About Project Gutenberg-tm electronic works.
- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl Written by Herself ebook
- In Search of the Promised Land: A Slave Family in the Old South (New Narratives in American History) ebook
- Family Friends First Aid for Children ebook
- The Forgotten Cause of the Civil War: A New Look at the Slavery Issue ebook
- Fathers of Conscience: Mixed-Race Inheritance in the Antebellum South (Studies in the Legal History of the South Ser.) ebook
- To Live an Antislavery Life: Personal Politics and the Antebellum Black Middle Class (Race in the Atlantic World, 1700–1900 Ser.) ebook
- Fiction, Essays Poetry ebook
- Behind the Scenes: Or, Thirty Years a Slave, and Four Years in the White House (The Schomburg Library of Nineteenth-Century Black Women Writers) ebook
- Black Ivory: History of British Slavery ebook
- Harriet Tubman: The Road to Freedom ebook