ePub Intimations of Difference: Dvora Baron in the Modern Hebrew Renaissance (Judaic Traditions in Literature, Music, and Art) download
by Sheila Jelen
Intimations of Difference book.
Intimations of Difference book. At the same time, the fact that Dvora Baron was the only woman writing in the first decades of the twentieth century who was included into the Renaissance's literary canon indicates the movement's resistance to its own potentially revolutionary nature.
Dvora Baron (1887-1956) has been called the founding mother of Hebrew women's literature. Born in a small town on the outskirts of Minsk to the community rabbi, Baron immigrated from the Jewish Pale of Settlement to Palestine in 1910.
Dvora Baron may not have been the first Hebrew woman prose fiction writer, as critics often present her, but . This is what Sheila E. Jelen sets out to do in the present volume.
This is what Sheila E. Jelen sets out to do in the present volume
Intimations of Difference: Dvora Baron in the Modern Hebrew .
January 2009 · Shofar An Interdisciplinary Journal of Jewish Studies. Jelen succeeds, in my mind, in reversing the critique of Baron's puzzling literary as well as life choices in such a way as to highlight them as expressions of a creative genius.
Intimations of Difference: Dvora Baron in the Modern Hebrew Renaissance. Syracuse: Syracuse University Press, 2007. Jelen, Sheila and Shachar Pinsker, eds. Hebrew, Gender, and Modernity: Critical responses to Dvora Baron’s fiction (Studies and texts in Jewish history and culture, 14). Bethesda, MD: University Press of Maryland, 2007. Conversations with Dvora: An Experimental Biography of the First Modern Hebrew Woman Writer. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1997. Embroideries: Conversations with Devorah Baron (in Hebrew). Jerusalem: Shoken, 1991
Back to top. Get to Know Us. Careers.
Series: Judaic Traditions in Literature, Music, and Art. Hardcover: 176 pages. Publisher: Syracuse University Press (March 29, 2008). ISBN-13: 978-0815631576. Product Dimensions: . x . inches. Back to top.
Judaic Traditions in Literature, Music, and Art by Sheila E. Jelen.
Judaic traditions in literature, music, and art. Bibliography, etc. Note: Includes bibliographical references (p. 209-225) and index. Personal Name: Baron, Devorah, 1887-1956 Criticism and interpretation. Personal Name: Baron, Devorah, 1887-1956. Rubrics: Authors, Israeli Biography. Download now Intimations of difference : Dvora Baron in the modern Hebrew renaissance Sheila E. Download PDF book format. Download DOC book format.
Top. Audio Books & Poetry Community Audio Computers & Technology Music, Arts & Culture News & Public Affairs Non-English Audio Radio Programs. Librivox Free Audiobook. Spirituality & Religion Bird People Podcasts. software All Software latest This Just In Old School Emulation MS-DOS Games Historical Software Classic PC Games Software Library. Books for People with Print Disabilities. Trent University Library Donation. Internet Archive Books. Uploaded by station26. cebu on June 26, 2019. SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata).
- Reḳamot: Śiḥotai ʻim Devorah Baron, 750 (Hebrew Edition) ebook
- Whither ? and Other Stories (Masters of Modern Hebrew Literature) ebook
- Hebrew: A Language Course Level One (English and Hebrew Edition) ebook
- A Marriage Made in Heaven: The Sexual Politics of Hebrew and Yiddish (Contraversions: Critical Studies in Jewish Literature, Culture, and Society) ebook
- The First Day and Other Stories ebook
- Maskilon III: Hebrew-English Learner's Dictionary: With a List of Hebrew Abbreviations a List of Hebrew Idioms (Hebrew Edition) ebook
- The Lorax (Hebrew Edition) ebook
- Gender and Text in Modern Hebrew Yiddish Literature (Jewish Theological Seminary) ebook
- Between Hebrew and Arabic Poetry: Studies in Spanish Medieval Hebrew Poetry (Medieval and Renaissance Authors and Texts) ebook
- Mishkal Hadyo - poems (hebrew) (Hebrew Edition) ebook