ePub British Travel Writing from China, 1798-1901 download
by Elizabeth H Chang
Start by marking British Travel Writing from China, 1798-1901 as Want .
Start by marking British Travel Writing from China, 1798-1901 as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read. by Elizabeth Hope Chang.
The collection ends with the Boxer Uprising which marked the beginning of the end of informal British empire on the Chinese mainland.
Start by marking British Travel Writing from China, 1798-1901 as Want to Read . In 1793, Lord Macartney led the first British diplomatic mission to China in over one hundred years. The collection ends with the Boxer Uprising which marked the beginning of the end of informal British empire on the Chinese mainland.
The packhouse Broadwater farm.
In its syncretic handling of complex and disparate historical material, and its deft comparative treatment of multiple media and genres, Chang's book makes an outstanding contribution to scholarship on British orientalism, and exemplifies the new visual-cultural studies at its best. Gillen D'Arcy Wood, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, New Books on Line 19. "Elegantly organized. Mobile/eReaders – Download the Bookshelf mobile app at VitalSource.
Библиографические данные. Britain's Chinese Eye: Literature, Empire, and Aesthetics in Nineteenth-Century Britain.
Travel books have been written since Classical times. Those that are by notable authors and are themselves notable are listed here. Other books, even if by notable travel authors, are not included. Note: Listed by year of publication of the majority of the writer's notable works. Wenamun, Egyptian priest.
Chang, Elizabeth . ed. British Travel Writing from China, 1798–1901. Defining Travel: On the Travel Book, Travel Writing and Terminology. English Travel Writing: From Pilgrimages to Postcolonial Explorations. Translated by Catherine Matthias. London: Pickering and Chatto, 2009. Save Citation Export Citation E-mail Citation . Collection of scarce primary sources dating up to the Boxer Rebellion. In Perspectives on Travel Writing. Basingstoke, UK: Macmillan, 2000.
- The British Isles 1901-1951 (Short Oxford History of the British Isles) ebook
- Banking and Empire in Iran: Volume 1: The History of the British Bank of the Middle East ebook
- China, Solo: A Guide to Independent Travel in the People's Republic of China ebook
- British Naturalists in Qing China: Science, Empire, and Cultural Encounter ebook
- The Transition from Foraging to Farming and the Origin of Agriculture in China (British Archaeological Reports British Series) ebook
- Embassies in the East: The Story of the British and Their Embassies in China, Japan and Korea from 1859 to the Present (British Embassy Series, 1) ebook
- A History of China (China : History, Philosophy, Economics) (Volume 21) ebook
- British Travel-Writing on Oman: Orientalism Reappraised: Introduced by Susan Bassnett ebook
- British Century:: A Photographic History of the Last Hundred Years ebook
- Religions of Ancient China (Dodo Press) ebook