ePub The Irish in North America: A Regional Bibliography download
by Donna Hardy-Johnston
As well as the bibliographic references themselves, it includes a guide to locating items in this and other bibliographies and a bibliographic introduction to the Irish in North America
As well as the bibliographic references themselves, it includes a guide to locating items in this and other bibliographies and a bibliographic introduction to the Irish in North America. As well as the bibliographic references themselves, it includes a guide to locating items in this and other bibliographies and a bibliographic introduction to the Irish in North America.
Discover new books on Goodreads. See if your friends have read any of Donna M. Hardy-Johnston's books. Donna M. Hardy-Johnston’s Followers (1). Hardy-Johnston. Hardy-Johnston’s books.
Hardy-Johnston, Donna . 1952-. Sony Alpha-A6300 (Control). Books for People with Print Disabilities. Trent University Library Donation. Internet Archive Books. Uploaded by station17. cebu on April 26, 2019. SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata).
By (author) Seamus P. Metress, By (author) Donna M. We can notify you when this item is back in stock. AbeBooks may have this title (opens in new window).
Metress has published over 30 books and numerous articles. Irish In North America A Regional Biography (with Donna Hardy-Johnston, 1999). Irish in Michigan (Discovering the Peoples of Michigan Series) (with Eileen K. Metress, 2006).
The Irish in America, 550-1972: A Chronology & Fact Book. Dobbs Ferry, NY: Oceana Publications, 1973. Metress, Seamus P. and Donna M. The Irish in North America: A Regional Bibliography. Meany Publishers, 1999. Shea, Ann M. and Marion R. Casey. The Irish Experience in New York City: A Select Bibliography. New York: New York Irish History Roundtable, 1995. Watson, William E. and Eugene J. Halus, J. eds. Irish Americans: The History and Culture of a People. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, 2015.
All known specimens were collected in western North America . This chapter analyses the development of interdependence between the United States and Mexico in the wider context of North American regional cooperation.
All known specimens were collected in western North America, with two species recorded from southern British Columbia (Baeomyia xanthogaster n. sp. and Baeomyia juniperi n. s. and three species recorded from desert localities in the American Southwest (type-species Baeomyia. hurdi (Reinhard), Baeomyia antennata n. and Baeomyia sonorensis n.
known as the Scotch-Irish in North America. and combativeness of the Ulster Scots or Scotch-Irish in both Ireland and the American colonies. In conclusion, this is a rather average addition to the bibliography of books on the Scotch-Irish.
Chepesiuk presents an overview for the general reader which is somewhat novel for focusing to a very great extent on the Scottish as well as Irish origins of the Ulster Scots who became known as the Scotch-Irish in North America. In fact, some two thirds of the book's text, 92 out of 146 pages, is dedicated to these origins. On the other hand, there is an entire chapter devoted to the Siege of Derry in 1689 which he argues to some effect is central to understanding the siege mentality and combativeness of the Ulster Scots or Scotch-Irish in both Ireland and the American colonies.
- Italians and Irish in America ebook
- Bibliography of British and Irish History 1985 ebook
- Irish Historical Documents Since 1800 ebook
- Galway: History and Society - Interdisciplinary Essays on the History of an Irish County (Irish County History S.) (English and Irish Edition) ebook
- North America: A Geography of the United States and Canada ebook
- Regional Landscapes of the United States and Canada ebook
- Directory of Historical Agencies in North America (Directory of Historical Organizations in the United States Canada) ebook
- Travels in North America, in the Years 1841-2 With Geological Observations on the United States, Canada, and Nova Scotia.: 2 Volumes in 1 (History of geology) ebook
- Demography, State and Society: Irish Migration to Britain, 1921-1971 (McGill-Queen's Studies in Ethnic History) ebook
- The Scotch-Irish: From the North of Ireland to the Making of America ebook