ePub The Actor as Playwright in Early Modern Drama download
by Nora Johnson
This book is an intriguing examination of authorship in early modern English drama.
This book is an intriguing examination of authorship in early modern English drama. Johnson examines some of the ways that authorship could be built not in opposition to the theater where plays were performed (as Ben Jonson wanted his plays to be remembered) but rather out of and with direct attention to the theatrical. She looks at the careers of four actor-authors and the ways each one builds his authorial reputation out of a theatrical or otherwise distinct from the (the This book is an intriguing examination of authorship in early modern English drama.
The Actor as Playwright provides an alternative to the debate between traditional and materialist readers of early modern dramatic authorship, arguing that both approaches are weakened by a reluctance to look outside the Shakespearean canon for evidence.
Don Johnson (born Donnie Wayne Johnson;December 15, 19. т 1448. This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923. The actors' birthday book. Frederic P. Miller, Agnes F. Vandome, John McBrewster. Critics Employed by the New York Times: Bosley Crowther, Tim Page, Eric Asimov, Virginia Heffernan, Brooks Atkinson, Robert Shelton.
Discover new books on Goodreads. See if your friends have read any of Nora Johnson's books. Nora Johnson’s Followers. None yet. Nora Johnson. Nora Johnson’s books.
Academic journal article Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England. The Actor as Playwright in Early Modern Drama. Academic journal article Medieval & Renaissance Drama in England. In productive dialogue with recent work on theatrical collaboration, on early modern figurations of authorship, and on intersections between the page and stage, Nora Johnson's new study offers an original and provocative exploration of "actors as innovators in the construction of authorship. the theatricality of authorship itself" (4. Refreshingly, and perhaps surprisingly, the book is not focused upon Jonson or.
This book, which focuses on the manner in which four Renaissance actor-playwrights justify their practice as. .
Export citation Request permission.
Автор: Nora Johnson Название: The Actor as Playwright in Early Modern Drama ISBN: 0521824168 .
Nora Johnson The Actor as Playwright in Early Modern Drama.
This volume addresses the conditions of theatrical ownership and dramatic competitionto those exploring stage movement and theatrical space. Nora Johnson The Actor as Playwright in Early Modern Drama. 247. W B Worthen Shakespeare and the Force ofModern Performance.
Learn More at LibraryThing. Nora JOHNSON at LibraryThing.
The Actor as Playwright in Early Modern Drama: ISBN 9780521117371 (978-0-521-11737-1) Softcover, Cambridge University Press, 2009. Learn More at LibraryThing.
This book examines the influence of John Marston, typically seen as a minor figure among early modern dramatists .
This book examines the influence of John Marston, typically seen as a minor figure among early modern dramatists, on his colleague Ben Jonson. While Marston is usually famed more for his very public rivalry with Jonson than for the quality of his plays, this book argues that such a view of Marston seriously underestimates his importance to the theatre of his time. In it, the author contends that Marston's plays represent an experiment in a new kind of satiric drama, with origins in the humanist tradition of serio ludere.
- Staged Prop Early Modern Eng Drama ebook
- Laughing and Weeping in Early Modern Theatres (Studies in Performance and Early Modern Drama) ebook
- The Making of the National Poet: Shakespeare, Adaptation and Authorship, 1660-1769 (Clarendon Paperbacks) ebook
- The Presentation of Authorship in Medieval German Narrative Literature 1220-1290 (Oxford Modern Languages and Literature Monographs) ebook
- Shakespeare and Modernity: Early Modern to Millennium (Accents on Shakespeare) ebook
- Film Authorship: Auteurs and Other Myths (Short Cuts (Wallflower)) ebook
- Samuel Johnson and the Life of Reading ebook
- Women and Authorship in Revolutionary America (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World) ebook
- Distracted Subjects: Madness and Gender in Shakespeare and Early Modern Culture ebook
- The Poetics of Authorship in the Later Middle Ages: The Emergence of the Modern Literary Persona (Studies in the Humanities) ebook