ePub Mayan Weaving: A Living Tradition (Crafts of the World) download
by Ann Stalcup
Series: Crafts of the World. Library Binding: 24 pages. This is a nicely readable nonfiction book on Mayan weaving. It is a nice, more focused alternative to the broader subjects of the Mayans in general, which tend to be too wordy and detailed for some young readers.
Series: Crafts of the World. Color photos of Mayan girls and women in traditional garb are the best thing about the book.
Details (if other): Cancel. Thanks for telling us about the problem. Mayan Weaving: A Living Tradition (Crafts of the World (Powerkids Press).
Japanese Origami: Paper Magic. Ndebele Beadwork: African Artistry (Crafts of the World).
The Mayan women, weavers of textiles, are the ones who, for the most part, stick to tradition and wear the trajes. Mayan Weaving: A Living Tradition. Crafts of the worldl (illustrated e. The Rosen Publishing Group. p. 9. ISBN 0823953319
The Mayan women, weavers of textiles, are the ones who, for the most part, stick to tradition and wear the trajes. ISBN 0823953319. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
Cultural Dress of the Maya. Mayan women traditionally wear traje, which is a combination of a skillfully woven, multicolored blouse called a huipil of a corte, a woven wraparound skirt that reaches to the ankles, and is held together by faja (sash) at the waist. Women also wear some form of headdress, such as pañuelo, on their heads, or cintas, four- or five-foot-long colorful ribbons that are braided into their shiny, long, black hair.
The Book of Looms: A History of the Handloom from Ancient Times to the Present, Weaving Book - Halcyon Yarn, Quality and Value for Fiber Artists. Malarky Crafts specializes in card weaving supplies. While I have studied textiles through various cultures, this would be a great book to further advance those studies. The Book of Looms: A History of the Handloom from Ancient Times to the Present. You will find original loom designs as well as instructional and pattern books for tablet weaving.
On the Home Front: Growing Up in Wartime England.
Maya Weaving: A Living Tradition. A symbolic narrative of how the world came to be and how humans first appeared on Earth. The Spanish word for ribbon, and a component of traditional Mayan clothing. A waterproof receptacle for holding water. A substance made of an aggregate, a binder, and water.
- Crafts from World Cultures ebook
- Tennessee History Projects - 30 Cool Activities, Crafts, Experiments and More for Kids to Do to Learn About Your State! (1) (Tennessee Experience) ebook
- Bible Craft Potpourri: 50 Clever Bible Craft Projects ebook
- The Kids Multicultural Craft Book: 35 Crafts from Around the World (Williamson Multicultural Kids Can! Book) ebook
- Ancient Rome (My World) ebook
- Molly's Craft Book: A Look at Crafts from the Past With Projects You Can Make Today (AMERICAN GIRLS PASTIMES) ebook
- Decorating With Beads: Over 20 Beautiful Projects for the Home (Inspirations Series) ebook
- Craft: Volume 10: Transforming Traditional Crafts (Craft: Transforming Traditional Crafts) ebook
- Organic Crafts: 75 Earth-Friendly Art Activities ebook
- Our World in Cross Stitch (Crafts for Kids) ebook