ePub Lucy Breckinridge of Grove Hill download
by Mary D. Robertson
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Begun to alleviate the "boredom of wartime," Lucy Breckinridge's journal quickly became this intelligent young woman's confidante as she came of age in war-torn Virginia.
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. Start by marking Lucy Breckinridge of Grove Hill: The Journal of a Virginia Girl, 1862-1864 (Women's Diaries & Letters of the Nineteenth-Century South) as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read.
See if your friends have read any of Mary D. Robertson's books. Mary D. Robertson’s Followers. None yet. Robertson. Robertson’s books. Lucy Breckinridge of Grove Hill: The Journal of a Virginia Girl, 1862-1864.
by Mary D. Robertson and Lucy Gilmer Breckinridge. The memoirs of a high-spirited young woman who wanted to escape wartime boredom. Select Format: Hardcover. ISBN13:9780872499997.
Breckinridge, Lucy Gilmer, 1843-1865. Robertson, Mary D. Contents/Summary. Bibliography: p. 217-222. Breckinridge, Lucy Gilmer, 1843-1865.
While Breckinridge vents frustration over the passive role forced upon women during the Civil War, she writes enthusiastically about social events, friends, and suitors.
The Civil War memoirs of a high-spirited, progressive woman. While Breckinridge vents frustration over the passive role forced upon women during the Civil War, she writes enthusiastically about social events, friends, and suitors. In her passionate and sometimes irreverent style, Breckinridge offers an honest portrait of life on the family plantation. Robertson teaches history at Armstrong State College in Savannah, Georgia.
Discover Book Depository's huge selection of Lucy Gilmer Breckinridge books online. Lucy Breckinridge of Grove Hill. Free delivery worldwide on over 20 million titles.
Writers: John Breckinridge, Mary Breckinridge, James B. Breckinridge, Jim B. Breckinridge, Scott D. Breckinridge . Books: "Myra Breckinridge" "Lucy Breckinridge of Grove Hill". Breckinridge, Lucy Gilmer Breckinridge, Robert J. Breckinridge, Cornelius Breckinridge Boyle.
Lucy Breckinridge of Grove Hill: The Journal of a Virginia Girl, 1862-1864 (Women's Diaries and Letters of the South). This book has 197 pages and is good for quick summaries of events. However, the book jumps around and becomes confusing at times.
Read online books written by Mary Breckinridge Thompson in our e-reader absolutely for free. Author of Breckie His Four Years at ReadAnyBook.
Mary Carson Breckinridge (February 17, 1881 – May 16, 1965) was an American nurse midwife and the founder of the Frontier Nursing Service. Born in Memphis, Tennessee, into a prominent family, Breckinridge was a daughter of Arkansas Congressman, US Minister to Russia Clifton Rodes Breckinridge and a granddaughter of Vice President John C. She was educated by private tutors in Washington, . Switzerland and in St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Southern Ladies' Civil War And Antebellum Fashions 1855 1865 ebook
- Year of the Lucy ebook
- Guerrilla Warfare in Civil War Missouri, 1862 ebook
- The girl in the grove: A story of suspense ebook
- Journal of the Early Book Society Vol 13 (Journal of the Early Book Society for the Study of Manuscrip) ebook
- What This Cruel War Was Over: Soldiers, Slavery, and the Civil War ebook
- The Incredible, Awesome You, A Two-Year Self-Discovery Journal ebook
- The Legends of Carter's Grove and Other Mysteries: A Selection of Essays from the Journal of Colonial Williamsburg ebook
- Mexican Calendar Girl Journal ebook
- A guide to records of ante-bellum southern plantations from the Revolution through the Civil War: Series B, selections from the South Carolina Historical Society ebook