ePub History of Circumcision, from the Earliest Times to the Present download
by P. C. M.D. Remondino
San Diego, California, 1891
San Diego, California, 1891. This book is the amplification of a paper, the subject of which was, A Plea for Circumcision; or, the Dangers that Arise from the Prepuce, which was read at the meeting of the Southern California Medical Society, at Pasadena, in December, 1889.
Read various fiction books with us in our e-reader. History of Circumcision From the Earliest Times to the Present Moral And Physi. P C Peter Charles Remondino. Authors: P C Peter Charles Remondino. Categories: Nonfiction.
Ships from and sold by The Book Depository UK. Qty: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30. Qty:1. Flip to back Flip to front. History of Circumcision from the Earliest Times to the Present: Moral and Physical Reasons for Its Performance Hardcover – 9 October 2018. by Peter Charles Remondino (Author)
This extraordinary book is a landmark in the history of this extraordinary operation. Remondino repeats every myth he has ever heard in its favour and makes up one of his own that is still circulating.
This extraordinary book is a landmark in the history of this extraordinary operation. It is Remondino who is single-handedly responsible for the claim that "humans used to need the foreskin when they ran naked through the brambles, but now it is superfluous". Remondino's version is so orotund that you will find yourself consulting a dictionary.
Table of contents -01- about this book -02- preface -03- introduction -04- antiquity of circumcision -05- theories as to the origin of circumcision -06- spread of circumcision.
Table of contents -01- about this book -02- preface -03- introduction -04- antiquity of circumcision -05- theories as to the origin of circumcision -06- spread of circumcision -07- circumcision among savage tribes -08- infibulation, muzzling, and other curious practices -09- attempts to abolish circumcision -10- miracles and the holy prepuce -11- history of emasculation, castration, and eunuchism -12- philosophical considerations relating to eunuchism.
He accurately describes the religious roots of circumcision in Europe, but unfortunately falls prey to the now dis-proven medical theories regarding the benefits of the procedure, such as curing paralysis, insanity and hysteria. If the reader is looking for an historical perspective, this work is a good starter.
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. His father, Angelo Giorgio Remondino, brought him to live in the United States when he was eight. He married Sophia Ann Earle on Sept. Start by marking History of Circumcision from the Earliest Times to the Present as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read. 27, 1877 in San Diego, California. Refer also to: Peter Charles Remondino (1846-1926), San Diego History Center. Books by Peter Charles Remondino.
Peter Charles Remondino (1846–December 10, 1926) was a physician, author, first president of the San Diego Board of Health, and co-founder of San Diego’s first private hospital. In the course of a medical career spanning 55 years, he served with the Union forces during the American Civil War as surgeon. He also served as a surgeon during the Franco-Prussian War, for which he was awarded a medal by the French Government for his services.
- The History of the Devil and the Idea of Evil: From the Earliest Times to the Present Day (Open Court paperback) ebook
- The History of Driffield: From Earliest Times to the Year 2000 ebook
- Zoroastrian Theology: From The Earliest Times To The Present Day ebook
- A Literary History of Persia, Volume I: From the Earliest Times Until Firdawsi ebook
- History of the Jews in Russia and Poland: From the Earliest Times Until the Present Day ebook
- An Economic History of Ghana from the Earliest Times ebook
- History of the Parish of Mortlake in the County of Surrey, from the Earliest Times to the Present, with Extracts from the Parish Registers from 1578 to 1886 ebook
- The Wall Chart of World History: From Earliest Times To The Present ebook
- History of the Jews in Russia and Poland, from the earliest times until the present day Volume 3 ebook
- History of the Jews in Russia and Poland from the earliest times until the present day ebook