ePub Temple Of Edfu download
by Dieter Kurth
Temple Of Edfu has been added to your Cart.
Temple Of Edfu has been added to your Cart. Only 8 left in stock (more on the way).
The Temple of Edfu is an Egyptian temple located on the west bank of the Nile in Edfu, Upper Egypt. The city was known in the Hellenistic period as Koinē Greek: Ἀπόλλωνος πόλις and Latin Apollonopolis Magna, after the chief god Horus, who was identified as Apollo under the interpretatio graeca. It is one of the best preserved shrines in Egypt.
The Temple of Edfu book.
Edfu Temple : A Guide by an Ancient Egyptian Priest. Select Format: Paperback. ISBN13:9789774247644.
The Edfu project is being undertaken with the primary goal of translations of inscriptions of an ancient temple of Edfu. In 1986, Professor Dr. Dieter Kurth of Hamburg University initiated a long-term project that is devoted to a complete translation of the hieroglyphic inscriptions of the Temple of Edfu in Upper Egypt (Temple of Horus) that meets the requirement of both linguistics and literary studies
Location: West bank of the Nile 115 km south of Luxor 105 km north of Aswan. Opening hours: Daily, 9 AM – 5 PM. Ticket cost: Egyptians: 2 LE Foreigners: 40 LE 50% reduction for bearers of International Student ID Card.
Location: West bank of the Nile 115 km south of Luxor 105 km north of Aswan. Facilities: Souvenir Kiosks Food Kiosks Cafés Pharmacy Bank Police Office. Home Temples of Ancient Egypt Temple of Edfu. The Temple of Edfu is the second largest temple in Egypt. It is also known as the Temple of Horus (the falcon-headed God) and it is the most beautiful and well-preserved of all the Egyptian temples.
Saturday, April 09, 2005
Saturday, April 09, 2005. Dieter Kurth - The Temple of Edfu - A guide by an Ancient Egyptian Priest. The huge ancient Egyptian temple at Edfu in southern Egypt must be one of the best-preserved places of the many impressive buildings that have survived from that ancient civilisation. The temple is dedicated to the god Horus, and took many decades to build. Dieter Kurth has done amateur Egyptologists a favour by bringing this fascinating text together with maps and a history of the temple. For anyone trying to get a glimpse into life 2000 years ago, towards the end of the Egyptian civilisations domination of North Africa, this book will give you a start.
Just better Kurth, Dieter. American University in Cairo Press.
Temple of Horus at Edfu is an ancient Egyptian temple located on the west bank of the Nile. Egypt Edfu (Idfu) Temple of Horus Pylon. The Edfu temple (Egypt, 1992).
Dieter Kurth, Lorelei H. Corcoran. The wnn-Formula in the Ritual Scenes of the Greco-Roman Temples and the Omnipresence of the King. EDFU : die Toponymen- und Kultnamenlisten zur Tempelanlage von Dendera nach den hieroglyphischen Inschriften von Edfu und Dendera. Holger Kockelmann, Dieter Kurth.
- Ancient Egyptian Religion an Interpretation (Cloister Library) ebook
- Egyptian Paganism for Beginners: Bring the Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt into Daily Life ebook
- Table of Offerings: 17 years of collecting Egyptian and Ancient Near Eastern Art ebook
- Egyptian Pyramids and Mastaba Tombs (Shire Egyptology) ebook
- Ancient Egyptian Jewellery ebook
- Pyramids of Ancient Egypt (Ancient Egyptian Civilization) ebook
- The Mummy of Ramose: The Life and Death of an Ancient Egyptian Nobleman ebook
- Egyptian Yoga: Postures of the Gods and Goddesses: The Ancient Egyptian system of physical postures for health meditation and spiritual enlightenment ... Hatha Yoga (Philosophy of Righteous Action) ebook
- Ancient Egyptian Culture (Discovering the Arts) ebook
- Coptic Share Pattern and its Ancient Egyptian Ancestors (Egyptology S) ebook