ePub Kaunitz and Enlightened Absolutism 1753-1780 download
by Franz A. J. Szabo
Enlightened absolutism (also called enlightened despotism or benevolent despotism) refers to the conduct . Kaunitz and Enlightened Absolutism 1753-1780 (1994) online as ACLS Humanities E-Book.
Enlightened absolutism (also called enlightened despotism or benevolent despotism) refers to the conduct and policies of European absolute monarchs during the 18th and 19th centuries who were influenced by the ideas of the Enlightenment, espousing them to enhance their power. The concept originated during the Enlightenment period in the 18th and into the early 19th centuries. An enlightened absolutist is a non-democratic or authoritarian leader who exercises their political power based upon the principles of the Enlightenment.
Szabo, Franz A. J. 2018. Enlightened absolutism in the Habsburg Monarchy produced some of the boldest innovations in eighteenth-century Europe, and this book analyses the full complexity of the decision-making process. The Encyclopedia of Diplomacy. ne of the best descriptions ever written of enlightened absolutism in operation. Derek Beales Source: History Today.
publication data Szabo, Franz A. Kaunitz and enlightened absolutism, 1753-1780/by Franz A. Szabo. Introduction Absolutism and enlightened absolutism in the Habsburg Monarchy Family background and early life of Kaunitz Personality and mind of Kaunitz. p. cm. Includes bibliographical references. ISBN 0 521 45163 9 hbk ISBN 0 3 pbk 1. Kaunitz-Rietberg, Wenzel Anton, Fiirst, 1711-1794. 2. Austria History - Maria Theresa, 1740-1780. 3. Austria - Politics and government 1740-1780. Chancellor of State The evolution of the Habsburg Foreign Ministry From War Cabinet to Council of State Co-Regency adjustments.
Kaunitz and Enlightened Absolutism, 1753-1780. 0521451639 (ISBN13: 9780521451635). Szabo is Professor Emeritus of Austrian and Habsburg History at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, where he was also Director of the Wirth Institute for Austrian and Central European Studies from 1998 to 2011.
This is the first major archivally-based study of the political career of Wenzel Anton Kaunitz, State Chancellor of the Habsburg Monarchy from 1753 to 1792. Author of the diplomatic revolution of 1756 and a brilliant foreign minister of the Austrian Empire, Kaunitz was virtually the third head of state under Maria Theresia and Joseph II. He emerges from this study as the key figure in the development of enlightened absolutism in the Habsburg monarchy and the guiding spirit behind the modernization of the state.
major contribution from the Canadian historian Franz Szabo. his study is based on an impressive amount of archival work. His linguistic skills have also allowed him to draw on an exceptionally wide range of printed sources and secondary literature.
Kaunitz and Enlightened Absolutism, 17531780. Annibale Zambarbieri, "Franz A. Szabo, Kaunitz and Enlightened Absolutism, 17531780," The Journal of Modern History 71, no. 3 (September 1999): 741-742. By Franz A. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1994.
Using Kaunitz as a focus, the author explores the dynamic of the development of enlightened absolutism in the Habsburg Empire through its most influential proponent and spokesman. Format Paperback 400 pages.
0521451639 (hb. 0521466903 (pb. Subject.
- Prime Minister Gyula Andrassy's Influence on Habsburg Foreign Policy (East European Monographs) ebook
- All in the Family: Absolutism, Revolution, and Democracy in Middle Eastern Monarchies (SUNY series in Middle Eastern Studies) ebook
- The Age of Absolutism, Grades 7-12 (History of Civilization) ebook
- Words of Fire, Deeds of Blood: The Mob, the Monarchy, and the French Revolution ebook
- Royal Persons: Patriarchal Monarchy and the Feminine Principle ebook
- The Monarchy and the British Nation, 1780 to the Present ebook
- Law and Modernization in the Church of England: Charles II to the Welfare State (A Study of the Legal History of Establishment in England) (v. 3) ebook
- Monarchy, Political Culture, and Drama in Seventeenth-Century Madrid: Theater of Negotiation ebook
- Desacralization of the French Monarchy in the 18th Century ebook
- Royal Romances: Sex, Scandal, and Monarchy in Print, 1780-1821 (Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters) ebook