ePub Leyte: June 1944 - Jan 1945 - Volume 12 (History of the United States Naval Operations in World War Two) download
by Samuel Eliot Morison
This volume concludes the story of World War 2 Submarine warfare
This volume concludes the story of World War 2 Submarine warfare. The story of the Naval War during World War 2 would not have been complete without this kind of coverage, but this one seems excessively long given that most of the stories told are basically repeats of others in the same book, with only the names of the people and the numbers of boats being different.
Includes rev. ed. of v. 2 and latest printings of other volumes. v. 1. The Battle of the Atlantic, September 1939-May 1943. Leyte, June 1944-January 1945. 13. The liberation of the Philippines. 14. Victory in the Pacific, 1945. 15. Supplement and general index. 2. Operations in North African waters, October 1942-June 1943. 3. The Rising Sun in the Pacific, 1931-April 1942. 4. Coral Sea, Midway and submarine actions, May 1942-August 1942. 5. The struggle for Guadalcanal, August 1942-February 1943.
History of US Naval Operations in WWII 1. .Book 3. History of US Naval Operations in WWII Vol 3: Rising Sun in the Pacific 1931 -April 1942. by Samuel Eliot Morison.
History of US Naval Operations in WWII 1: Battle of the Atlantic 9/39-5/43, History of US Naval Operations in WWII 2: Operations in North African Water.
Volume 12: Leyte, June 1944-January 1945, is a dramatic retelling of the greatest naval battle of all time, the Battle for Leyte Gulf. The Allied victory at Leyte enabled the . Navy to transport troops and base long-range bomber planes in positions so close to Japan that victory was all but assured. Samuel Eliot Morison. Volume 12: Leyte, June 1944-January 1945, is a dramatic retelling of the greatest naval battle of all time, the Battle for Leyte Gulf.
View on timesmachine.
Samuel Eliot Morison. The twelfth volume returns to the Pacific for a dramatic retelling of one of the greatest naval battles of all time. The determining factors in the Battle for Leyte Gulf were superb skill, heroism, and aggressiveness, but confusion, surprise, and faulty assumptions also played significant roles.
Recounts the role of the United States in World War II at sea, from encounters in the Atlantic before the country entered the war to the surrender of Japan.
The 15 volumes of his History of United States Naval Operations in World War II appeared between 1947 and 1962. A product of the Brahmin tradition, Morison wrote about Bostonians and other New Englanders and about life in early Massachusetts. He was an "American historian" in the fullest sense of the term. He also had a keen appreciation for the larger history of the nation and world, provincial is the last word one would use to describe Morison's writing.
This spectacular fifteen-volume series that charts the . Naval operations during World War II with an insider's perspective. Morison, a Harvard professor, was given a special rank and writing post by FDR. He had active duty aboard eleven different ships, allowing him to witness many crucial battles in both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
- United States History from 1945-2000 (Monkeyshines on) ebook
- <p>World of a Slave: Encyclopedia of the Material Life of Slaves in the United States</p>: The World of a Slave: Encyclopedia of Material Life of Slaves in the United States, Volume 1 ebook
- America in a divided world, 1945-1972 (Documentary history of the United States) ebook
- European Theater of Operations, Ardennes, Battle of the Bulge (Clothbound) (United States Army in World War II) ebook
- <p>World of a Slave: Encyclopedia of the Material Life of Slaves in the United States</p>: The World of a Slave: Encyclopedia of Material Life of Slaves in the United States, Volume 2 ebook
- The United States and World War II: military and diplomatic documents (Documentary history of the United States) ebook
- European Theater of Operations: Riviera to the Rhine (Hardcover) (United States Army in World War II) ebook
- New Interpretations in Naval History: Selected Papers from the Tenth Naval History Symposium Held at the United States Naval Academy, 11-13 September ebook
- Hegemonic Cooperation and Conflict: Postwar Japan's China Policy and the United States ebook
- Operations Analysis in the United States Army Eighth Air Force in World War II (History of Mathematics) ebook