ePub Utilitarians and Religion download
by James Crimmins
Utilitarians and Religion book.
Utilitarians and Religion book. Details (if other): Cancel.
See if your friends have read any of James E. Crimmins's books. James E. Crimmins’s Followers (2). Crimmins. Crimmins’s books. Utilitarians and Religion.
Utilitarians and Religion, by James E. Crimmins Bristol, England: Thommess Press, 1998
Utilitarians and Religion, by James E. Crimmins Bristol, England: Thommess Press, 1998 Noted Bentham scholar James E. Crimmins divides the book into two parts: religious utilitarians, and secular utilitarians. Crimmins provides very helpful essays at the beginning of each of the two sections, which do a great deal.
James E. Crimmins, Mark G. Spencer. The often overlooked American utilitarians are brought back to the fore, in an important collection of sixty key primary documents. Utilitarian ideas in nineteenth-century America have been given short shrift in modern historical and philosophical scholarship
Utilitarians and Religion. James E Crimmins (Ed). Religion and utilitarianism; 18th and 19th century moral and political writings.
Utilitarians and Religion. Ethics and Political Philosophy, Political Theory and. Religious Thought, Theology and Philosophy of Religion.
Similar books and articles. Crimmins, "Secular Utilitarianism: Social Science and the Critique of Religion in the Thought of Jeremy Bentham". Crimmins - 2001 - Philosophical Quarterly 51 (204):421-423. Crimmins - 1998. Crimmins, Utilitarians and Religion, Bristol, Thoemmes, 1998, Pp. X + 502. Philip Schofield - 2000 - Utilitas 12 (1):106. Crimmins (E. Bristol: Thoemmes Press, 1998). P. J. Kelly - 1991 - History of Political Thought 12 (4):740. The Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Utilitarianism.
Are you sure you want to remove Utilitarians and Religion from your list?
Are you sure you want to remove Utilitarians and Religion from your list? Utilitarians and Religion. by James E. Published July 1998 by St. Augustine's Press.
Discover Book Depository's huge selection of James E Crimmins books online. Free delivery worldwide on over 20 million titles.
This book illustrates the nature, extent, and depth of Bentham's concern .
This book illustrates the nature, extent, and depth of Bentham's concern with religion, from his Oxford days of first doubts through the middle years of quiet unbelief to the zealous atheism and secularism of his later life. Crimmins provides an interpretation of Bentham's thought in which his religious views are shown to be integral: on the one hand, intimately associated with the metaphysical, epistemological, and psychological principles which gave shape to his system as a whole, and, on the other, central to the development of his entirely secular view of society. Indeed, religion was never far from the centre of his thoughts throughout his long and industrious intellectual career. Full text views reflects the number of PDF downloads, PDFs sent to Google Drive, Dropbox and Kindle and HTML full text views. Total number of HTML views: 0. Total number of PDF views: 0 .
- John Stuart Mill and the Religion of Humanity ebook
- James Mill: Political Writings (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought) ebook
- The Classical Utilitarians (Hackett Classics) ebook
- The Basic Writings of John Stuart Mill: On Liberty, the Subjection of Women and Utilitarianism ebook
- Religious naturalism: The first secular, western culture religion in history : an introduction to a significantly modern, new, and different religion ebook
- Price: Political Writings (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought) ebook
- Utilitarianism: A Guide for the Perplexed (Guides for the Perplexed) ebook
- Revelation and Religion: Studies in the Theological Interpretation of Religious Types (Texts Studies in Religion) ebook
- Selected Writings of James Fitzjames Stephen: On Society, Religion, and Government ebook
- Franklin: The Autobiography and Other Writings on Politics, Economics, and Virtue (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought) ebook