ePub LA Leche League : At the Crossroads of Medicine, Feminism, and Religion download
by Jule Dejager Ward
La Leche League book.
La Leche League book. Details (if other): Cancel. Thanks for telling us about the problem. La Leche League: At the Crossroads of Medicine, Feminism, and Religion. by. Jule DeJager Ward.
Xi, 227 pages : 24 cm. Includes bibliographical references (pages 191-217) and index. Introduction: La Leche League: religious metaphors in a secular ethos - What is La Leche League? -. - Mothers, medicine and misinformation - An Alternative approach: maternal knowing - Feminism and the motherhood wars - Challenging the public domain from within the private sphere - The evolution of a Catholic theology of the family - The La Leche League family: natural, loving and just - Asking the hard questions - Coping strategies for a. Changing environment.
Bibliographic Citation. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2000. Technology at the Crossroads: The Story of the Society, Religion and Technology Project . Ferguson, Ronald (1994). Related Items in Google Scholar.
At the Crossroads of Medicine, Feminism, and Religion. By Jule DeJager Ward. 248 p. . 25 x . 5, 12 illus. Paperback ISBN: 978-0-8078-4791-6 Published: January 2000. Offering a fascinating look inside an organization whose full history has been essentially untold, Jule Ward explores the genesis, theological underpinnings, and development of La Leche League. She demonstrates that, despite distancing itself from any overt expression of its religious roots, the organization remains a quasi-religious articulation of Catholic social thought blended with scientific ideology and feminism.
8. league crossroads. 8. feminism religion. Press proceed to send the authors a message.
LA Leche League At the Crossroads of Medicine, Feminism, and Religion.
Published: 1 January 2002. Church History, Volume 71. PubMed.
One Baby's Experience- A Pictorial. Complications of Circumcision" by Rosemary Romberg. Jesus never advocated circumcision. St. Peter dismissed circumcision as unnecessary and disadvantageous in Acts 15:10, "And now are you going to correct God by burdening the Gentiles with a yoke that neither we nor our fathers were able to bear?" St. Paul often condemned circumcising the flesh, as seen in the following passages: Galatians 5:2-6: �Pay close attention to me, Paul, when I tell you that if you have yourselves circumcised, Christ will be of no use to you.
La Leche League: At the Crossroads of Medicine, Feminism, and Religion. Kathleen M. Joyce (a1). Published online by Cambridge University Press: 28 July 2009. Export citation Request permission. Recommend this journal. March 2002 · Church History.
- Arroz Con Leche: Popular Songs and Rhymes from Latin America ebook
- Major League Baseball's Top 50 ebook
- Breastfeeding in Hospital: Mothers, Midwives and the Production Line ebook
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding ebook
- Seven Voices, One Dream ebook
- The Everyday Wholefood Cookbook: Healthy Meals for All the Family ebook
- If These Boobs Could Talk: A Little Humor to Pump Up the Breastfeeding Mom ebook
- Baseball in the National League West Division (Inside Major League Baseball (Paperback)) ebook
- The New LA Leche League International Leader's Handbook ebook
- Bestfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby ebook