ePub Local Players in Global Games: The Strategic Constitution of a Multinational Corporation download
by Jonathan Zeitlin,Peer Hull Kristensen
This book tackles these novel and important questions through an empirical study of the strategic constitution of. .
This book tackles these novel and important questions through an empirical study of the strategic constitution of an 'actually existing' multinational.
3 American Journal of Sociology Kristensen and Zeitlin find that behavior on the ground is a compromise among local .
3 American Journal of Sociology Kristensen and Zeitlin find that behavior on the ground is a compromise among local practices, innovations found at horizontal plants, and directives coming from above. What they do not seem to find is that the business units benefit much from what headquarters does. On the consolidation process, multinational acquisitions involve the strategies of a big fish, but also the strategies of the smaller fish who are looking to be devoured on the best terms possible.
national Corporation. By Peer Hull Kristensen and Jonathan Zeitlin. Ox-. ford: Oxford University Press, 2005. It is hard to imagine a better team to study the multinational than Peer. Hull Kristensen and Jonathan Zeitlin. Even so, the task they set out is. ambitious, perhaps pathologically so. They set out to understand a single. multinational from the perspective of its British headquarters and work. units in Denmark, the United States, and England. Their idea was to try. to understand the history of each establishment, what it meant for each. to come under the organizational umbrella, and how each operated at the. site, in the local economy, and within the multinational.
es/2005 ajs kristensen. FAS Scholarly Articles. Per Sherpa can post pub after embargo, which has long since expired
What does globalization mean for the modern corporation? There is a lot of theory out there. Many have taken the intrepid step of speculating about the implications for the firm. Few have gone to the trouble to look into the matter
What does globalization mean for the modern corporation? There is a lot of theory out there. Few have gone to the trouble to look into the matter. Looking at how a multinational actually operates is not for the faint of heart. In practice, the modern multinational involves thousands of different stories about a hydra-headed monstrosity. Taking on a task like this could make one yearn for the time when studying an organization meant copying the organization chart.
Kristensen, Peer Hull. Books for People with Print Disabilities.
by Peer Hull Kristensen (Author), Jonathan Zeitlin (Author)
by Peer Hull Kristensen (Author), Jonathan Zeitlin (Author).
Journal of International Business Studies, 36(6), pp. 719-721. ISSN (print) 0047-2506
Journal of International Business Studies, 36(6), pp. ISSN (print) 0047-2506.
Local players in global games: The strategic constitution of a multinational corporation. The multinational firm: Organizing across institutional and national divides. G Morgan, PH Kristensen, R Whitley. PH Kristensen, J Zeitlin. Oxford University Press, 2001. The multinational firm: Organizing across national and institutional divides. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2001. G Morgan, PH Kristensen.
- Corporate Strategies for South East Asia After the Crisis: A Comparison of Multinational Firms from Japan and Europe ebook
- Managing the Multinational: Confronting the Global-Local Dilemma ebook
- Multinational Managers and Third World Concerns (MULTINATIONAL MANAGERS AND DEVELOPING COUNTRY CONCERNS) ebook
- International Management with PowerWeb ebook
- Multinational Financial Management ebook
- International Multinational Accounting ebook
- Select bibliography on the multinational corporation (Multinational corporation study series) ebook
- Multinational Firms' Location And The New Economic Geography (New Horizons in International Business series) ebook
- Multinational Firms and the Theory of International Trade (The MIT Press) ebook
- The Economic and Political Consequences of Multinational Enterprise: An Anthology ebook