ePub Church Symbolism: An Explanation of the More Important Symbols of the Old and New Testament, the Primitive, the Medieval and the Modern Church download
by F. R. Webber
One of the greatest books published on the subject of Liturgical symbols used by The Christian Church. Sadly it never been reprinted.
One of the greatest books published on the subject of Liturgical symbols used by The Christian Church.
Home Browse Books Book details, Church Symbolism: An Explanation of the . The More Important Saints of Church Art 265. Examples of Old and Modern Symbolism 301. A Glossary o. .
Home Browse Books Book details, Church Symbolism: An Explanation of the More. Church Symbolism: An Explanation of the More Important Symbols of the Old and New Testament, the Primitive, the Mediaeval and the Modern Church. Philosophers tell us that the Absolute, the ultimate Truth that lies behind the show of things, can only be apprehended or expressed through the symbol. A Glossary of the More Common Symbols 357. Bibliography 389. Index to the Text 395.
Webber, F. R. (Frederick Roth), 1887-1963. Christian art and symbolism. Bibliography: p. 389-394. Bibliographic information. Reprint/reissue date.
Church Symbolism book. Details (if other): Cancel. Thanks for telling us about the problem.
Bibliographic Details. A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include previous owner inscriptions. The dust jacket is missing.
An explanation of the more important symbols of the Old and New Testaments, the primitive, the medieval and the modern church. This volume does not confine itself to any particular denomination. It is like a dictionary in that it contains a variety of things so as to be useful. The author has added a number of Jewish symbols as well as those commonly used in Catholic and non-Catholic churches to make the book more complete. Gorgeously illustrated with 39 pen drawings and 72 halftone illustrations.
The abbreviation of Christmas as "Xmas" is a source of disagreement among Christians who observe the holiday. The December 1957 News and Views published by the Church League of America, a conservative organization co-founded in 1937 by George Washington Robnett, attacked the use of Xmas in an article titled "X The Unknown Quantity". Christ/1136835 "Abbreviation: X.
The Online Books Page. Webber, F. Subject: Christian art and symbolism. Church symbolism; an explanation of the more important symbols of the Old and New Testament, the primitive, the mediaeval and the modern church. Title: Church symbolism; an explanation of the more important symbols of the Old and New Testament, the primitive, the mediaeval and the modern church. Author: Webber, F.
- The Rite of Church Dedication in the Early Medieval Era ebook
- The Church in the New Testament ebook
- This Little Church Went to Market: The Church in the Age of Modern Entertainment ebook
- Monks, Miracles and Magic: Reformation Representations of the Medieval Church ebook
- The Old Testament Canon of the New Testament Church and Its Background in Early Judaism ebook
- The church in the New Testament / Rudolf Schnackenburg ; ebook
- Rethinking the Wineskin: The Practice of the New Testament Church ebook
- The Reading and Preaching of the Scriptures in the Worship of the Christian Church, Volume 3: The Medieval Church ebook
- A Guide to Masonic Symbolism ebook
- Medieval Number Symbolism: Its Sources, Meaning, and Influence on Thought and Expression (Dover Occult) ebook