ePub The Oxford Companion to Modern Warfare in India download
by Kaushik Roy
Using relevant examples from recent history, this book provides a complete introduction to the issues, ideas, concepts, context and vocabulary of modern warfare.
The Oxford Companion to Modern Warfare in India Roy, Kaushik Oxford Academ 9780195698886 : This volume studies the origin, characteristics, and evolution of modern warfare in the Indian subcon. Using relevant examples from recent history, this book provides a complete introduction to the issues, ideas, concepts, context and vocabulary of modern warfare. The expert team of authors explore the conduct of war across land, sea, air and space in addition to addressing key issues relating to contemporary strategy, weapons of mass destruction and irregular warfare, including insurgency, terrorism and civil war.
Kaushik Roy underlines the inter-connections between technology, military thought, field operations, and the organizational apparatus of the war machines
Kaushik Roy underlines the inter-connections between technology, military thought, field operations, and the organizational apparatus of the war machines. Well illustrated, the volume has 30 line drawings and 40 photographs.
His latest publication is The Oxford Companion to Modern Warfare in India. Библиографические данные. War, Culture and Society in Early Modern South Asia, 1740-1849 Asian States and Empires.
Kaushik Basu is Chief Economic Adviser, Ministry of Finance, Government . Her work has a geographical focus on South Asia and on India in particular.
Kaushik Basu is Chief Economic Adviser, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and C. Marks Professor, Department of Economics, Cornell University. He has published with Oxford University Press for almost two decades. Annemie Maertens is Assistant Professor in International Development at the University of Pittsburgh.
This book argues that the role of the British East India Company in transforming warfare in South Asia has been overestimated. His latest publication is The Oxford Companion to Modern Warfare in India. Bibliographic information. Although it agrees with conventional wisdom that, before the British, the nature of Indian society made it difficult for central authorities to establish themselves fully and develop a monopoly over armed force, the book argues that changes to warfare in South Asia were more gradual, and the result of more complicated socio-economic forces than has been hitherto acknowledged. Although it agrees with conventional wisdom that.
The Oxford Companion to Modern Warfare in India: From the Eighteenth Century to Present Times. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2009. E-mail Citation . Taking a longue duree approach, Roy shows that the two world wars, in terms of recruitment, casualties, and financial expenditure, were a novel experience for both the Indians and their British masters. About Military History .
The Oxford Companion to the History of Modern Science is an encyclopedia on the history of science from around the middle of the 16th century (the early modern period) to the beginning of the 21st century. The book includes 609 articles by over two hundred authors. The book was published by Oxford University Press in 2003.
Warfare in Pre-British India - 1500BCE to 1740CE. Military Manpower, Armies and Warfare in South Asia. War, Culture and Society in Early Modern South Asia, 1740-1849. Culture, Conflict and the Military in Colonial South Asia.
- Henry II (History of Warfare) ebook
- The Art of Business Warfare: Outmaneuvering Your Competition with Military Tactics ebook
- A Cumulative Bibliography of Medieval Military History and Technology, Update 2004 (History of Warfare (Brill)) ebook
- American Military History, Volume I: The United States Army and the Forging of a Nation, 1775-1917 (Army Historical) ebook
- A History of Military Medicine: Vol II: From the Renaissance Through Modern Times (Contributions in Military Studies) ebook
- World War Two: A Military History (Warfare and History) ebook
- The Sepoy and the Raj: The Indian Army, 1860-1940 (Studies in Military and Strategic History) ebook
- Weapons Grade: How Modern Warfare Gave Birth to Our High-Tech World ebook
- The State at War in South Asia (Studies in War, Society, and the Military) ebook
- Warfare in the Ancient Near East to 1600 BC (Warfare and History) ebook