ePub Lateralisation Of Language In (Neurolinguistics,10) download
Embodiment in communication: The possible role of mirror neurons and alignment.
On the cutting edge of neuropsychology and cognitive science, this book investigates lateral asymmetries in the human brain and contrasts these with asymmetries in primates as well as invertebrates, primitive vertebrates, birds, and other mammals.
It branched off from psycholinguistics, which we've studied earlier. There are several areas of the brain of particular interest to neurolinguists: Broca's area/Anterior speech cortex: Named after Paul Broca, it is responsible for speech production.
Print Book & E-Book. M. Hiscock, Brain Lateralization across the Life Span. Kinsbourne, The Right Hemisphere and Recovery from Aphasia. ISBN 9780126660555, 9780080533131.
Discover new books on Goodreads. Shelves Neurolinguistics . Popular Neurolinguistics Books. Want to Read savin. ant to Read.
Lateralization refers to any cognitive functions that are localized to one side of the brain or the other.
The human brain consists of 10 billion nerve cells (neurons) and billions of fibers that connect them. These neurons or gray matter form the cortex, the surface of the brain, and the connecting fibers or white matter form the interior of the brain. The brain is divided into two hemispheres, the left and right cerebral hemispheres. These hemispheres are connected by the corpus callosum. Lateralization refers to any cognitive functions that are localized to one side of the brain or the other.
- Neurolinguistic and Psycholinguistic Perspectives on SLA (Second Language Acquisition) ebook
- Acquired Aphasia, Second Edition ebook
- On Understanding Grammar (Perspectives in neurolinguistics and psycholinguistics) ebook
- Child Neuropsychology: Clinical Practice (Perspectives in Neurolinguistics, Neuropsychology, and Psycholinguistics Series) ebook
- A Neural Network Model of Lexical Organisation (Continuum Studies in Theoretical Linguistics) ebook
- Conduction Aphasia (Institute for Research in Behavioral Neuroscience Series) ebook