ePub The Wave Theory of Difference and Similarity (Scientific Psychology Series) download
by Stephen W. Link
The Wave Theory Of Di. .Hardcover, 384 pages. Published January 1st 1992 by Psychology Press.
The Wave Theory Of Di. The Wave Theory of Difference and Similarity (Scientific Psychology Series). 0805809260 (ISBN13: 9780805809268). Daniel Little rated it really liked it Nov 11, 2017.
Wave Similarity Theory. Appendices: Accumulation of Wave Differences. Wald's Fundamental Identity. Origins of the Logistic Response Function. Gaussian Comparisons. Contents: Part I: Psychophysical Origins of Difference and Similarity. Challenges and Extensions. The Origin of the Psychometric Function. The Law of Comparative Judgment. Equality and Affective Value. The Psychological Ideal. Discrimination and Response Bias.
Two experimental procedures have prompted the empirical development of psychophysical models: those that measure response frequency, often referred to as response probability; and those that measure response time, sometimes referred to as reaction time. The history of psychophysics is filled with theories that predict one or the other of these two responses.
Bias, Responsiveness, and Strategy 17. Wave Similarity Theory. Apendices A, B, C. References.
Routledge October 2, 2019 Forthcoming Reference - 390 Pages ISBN 9780367150464 - CAT K413287 Series: Psychology Revivals. Select Format: Hardback. Part 1: Psychophysical Origins of Difference and Similarity 1. The Elements 2. Challenges and Extensions 3. The Origin of the Psychometric Function 4. The Law of Comparative Judgment 5. Equality and Affective Value 6. The Psychological Ideal 7. Discrimination and Response Bias 8. Discrimination and Response Strategy. Bias, Responsiveness, and Strategy 17.
It is this process - its theory, description, and application - that is the topic of The Wave Theory of Difference and Similarity
It is this process - its theory, description, and application - that is the topic of The Wave Theory of Difference and Similarity. The author of this book has set out to provide a theoretical foundation for formulating new theories that systematize earlier results and to stimulate new concepts and introduce new tools for exploring mental phenomena and improving mental measurement.
The Wave Theory of Difference and Similarity.
Visualization of scientific data that are not normally visible can be greatly enhanced by understanding human visual perception. Mars the Movie illustrated the use of stereo resolution for producing realistic vistas of the Mars surface . The Wave Theory of Difference and Similarity.
Similarity refers to the psychological degree of identity of two mental representations. Each of them is related to a particular set of assumptions about knowledge representation. Mental distance approaches (Shepard 1962) assume that mental representations can be conceptualized as some kind of mental space. Concepts are represented as points within the space
The wave theory of difference and similarity. Perceiving similarity and comprehending metaphor. Semantic effects and theories of the comparison process. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum. Lockhead, G. R. (1972). Perceptual & Motor Skills,56, 735–743. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception & Performance,18, 962–986. CrossRefGoogle Scholar. Pieters, J. M. (1981).
Tell us if something is incorrect.
- Item Response Theory: Parameter Estimation Techniques (Statistics: A Series of Textbooks and Monographs) ebook
- Fundamentals of Item Response Theory (Measurement Methods for the Social Science) ebook
- Response and Stability: An Introduction to the Physical Theory ebook
- Controversies in item response theory ebook
- Probability and Measure Theory ebook
- Measure Theory (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) (v. 18) ebook
- Randomized Response: Theory and Techniques (Statistics: A Series of Textbooks and Monographs) ebook
- Error Free Mental Measurements: Applying Qualitative Item Response Theory to Assessment and Program Validation Including a Developmental Theory of as ebook
- Optimizing Oracle Performance: A Practitioner's Guide to Optimizing Response Time ebook
- Genesis of the Classical Condition Response (International series of monographs in experimental psychology, v. 8) ebook