ePub An Integrated Theory of Linguistic Descriptions download
by Jerrold J. Katz,Paul M. Postal
Do you want to read the rest of this article? Request full-text.
Chomsky, N. (1964 a). The logical basis of linguistic theory. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Congress of Linguistics. Chomsky, N. (1964 c). Current Issues in Linguistic Theory. Janua Linguarum, Series Minor, 3. (1964 b). In Fodor & Katz (1964: 50–118). The Hague: Mouton. Aspects of the Theory of Syntax.
Jerrold J. Katz, Paul M. Postal. This theory seeks to integrate the generative conception of phonology and syntax developed by Chomsky and Halle, with the conception of semantics proposed by Katz and Fodor. The authors demonstrate that the integration within one theory of these conceptions of phonology, syntax, and semantics clarifies, further systematizes, and justifies each of them.
Concepts of Meaning: Framing an Integrated Theory of Linguistic Behavior.
An Integrated Theory of Linguistic Descriptions. R. H. Robins, Jerrold J. Katz & Paul M. Postal - 1966 - Philosophical Quarterly 16 (65):391. An Integrated Theory of Linguistic Ability. Thomas G. Bever, Jerrold J. Katz & D. Terence Langendoen - 1977 - Critica 9 (26):123-127. Concepts of Meaning: Framing an Integrated Theory of Linguistic Behavior. G. Preyer, G. Peter & M. Ulkan (ed. - 2003 - Kluwer Academic Publishers. Extended Axiomatic Linguistics. J. Dickins - 1998 - Mouton De Gruyter. BEVER "et a. An Integrated Theory of Linguistic Ability".
Katz, Jerrold . and Paul M. Grammars 5: 1-19 Kay, Paul, and Charles J. Fillmore. Grammatical Constructions and Linguistic General- izations: The What’s x Doing y Construction. An Integrated Theory of Linguistic Descriptions. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. Katz, Jerrold . Realism versus Conceptualism in Linguistics. Lin- guistics and Philosophy 14: 515-554. Kayne, Richard, and Jean-Yves Pollock. Stylistic Inversion, Successive Cyclicity, and Move NP in French. Linguistic Inquiry 9: 595-621.
Jerrold Katz and Paul Postal set out to achieve the first major synthesis within generative linguistics by integrat- ing a. .Indeed, An Integrated Theory of Linguistic Descriptions addresses topics so basic to linguistic theory that they are easily forgotten or perhaps too easily dis- missed.
Jerrold Katz and Paul Postal set out to achieve the first major synthesis within generative linguistics by integrat- ing a framework for semantics with the novelty of transformational grammar. What is the relationship between syntax and semantics? How do syntac- tic transformations relate to sentential meaning, and in particular, what semantic effects, if any, do transformations have?
Katz, Jerrold J; Postal, Paul Martin, 1936 .
Katz, Jerrold J; Postal, Paul Martin, 1936-.
December 15, 2009 History. Jerrold J. Katz Paul M. Published 1964 by . Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Special technical report no. 9. Katz is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy and Linguistics at the Graduate Center . Paul M. Postal is the author of many books, including On Raising and Edge-Based Clausal Syntax (both published by the MIT Press). Katz is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy and Linguistics at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Classical NEG Raising.
Serving Millions of Book Lovers Since 1980. by Jerrold J Katz (Author).
- The Study of Aspect, Tense and Action: Towards a Theory of the Semantics of Grammatical Categories ebook
- Features, Categories and the Syntax of A-Positions: Cross-Linguistic Variation in the Germanic Languages (Studies in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory) ebook
- Theory and Description in Generative Syntax: A Case Study in West Flemish (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics) ebook
- Semantic Issues in Romance Syntax (Current Issues in Linguistic Theory) ebook
- Ideology and Linguistic Theory: Noam Chomsky and the Deep Structure Debates (History of Linguistic Thought) ebook
- Syntax and Semantics, Volume 31: A Cross-Linguistic Perspective: Sentence Processing (Syntax and Semantics) ebook
- Grammar inside and outside the Clause: Some Approaches to Theory from the Field ebook
- Referential-Semantic Analysis: Aspects of a Theory of Linguistic Reference (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics) ebook
- The Study of Aspect, Tense, and Action: Towards a Theory of the Semantics of Grammatical Categories ebook
- Information-Based Syntax and Semantics: Volume 1, Fundamentals (Center for the Study of Language and Information Publication Lecture Notes) ebook