ePub The Rastafarians (Revised and Updated Edition) download
by Leonard E. Barrett
by Leonard E. Barrett (Author).
by Leonard E.
Leonard E. Barrett, S. is emeritus professor of religion at Temple University. His previous works include Soul-Force: African Heritage in Afro-American Religion, which was nominated for a National Book Award, and The Sun and the Drum, an examination of the African roots of Jamaica's folk culture. Paperback: 306 pages.
Published September 22nd 1988 by Beacon Press.
Author(s): Leonard E. Barrett Sr. ISBN: 0807011150 (ISBN13: 9780807011157). Published September 22nd 1988 by Beacon Press. Paperback, 302 pages.
Home Browse Books Book details, The Rastafarians. By Leonard E. Barrett. Barrett offers the most comprehensive study to date of the Rastafarians.
Written by. Leonard E. Manufacturer: Beacon Press Release date: 22 September 1988 ISBN-10 : 0807010278 ISBN-13: 9780807010273.
Barrett, Leonard E. Publication date. Rev. and updated ed. External-identifier. urn:acs6:rr:pdf:54f-55d97ced620a urn:acs6:rr:epub:44c-1eced3683fd9 urn:oclc:record:1036803515.
The Rastafarians by Leonard E. Barrett 9780807010396 (Paperback, 1992) %0a %0a Delivery%0a UK delivery is usually within 10 to 12 working days. Read full description. See details and exclusions. See all 9 brand new listings. Rastafarians by Leonard Barrett (Paperback, 1992). Brand new: lowest price.
You're getting the VIP treatment! With the purchase of Kobo VIP Membership, you're getting 10% off and 2x Kobo Super Points on eligible items. Your Shopping Cart is empty. There are currently no items in your Shopping Cart.
The Rastafarians - Leonard Barrett.
The classic work on the history and beliefs of the Rastafarians, whose roots of protest go back to the seventeenth-century maroon societies of escaped slaves in Jamaica. Based on an extensive study of the Rastafarians, their history, their ideology, and their influence in Jamaica, The Rastafarians is an important contribution to the sociology of religion and to our knowledge of the variety of religious expressions that have grown up during the West African Diaspora in the Western Hemisphere. The Rastafarians - Leonard Barrett.
Setting the Rastafarians in the context o. .colonial exploitation, Barrett shows how the cult has been nourished on grinding poverty, examines its belief system, dynamics, rituals, art and music, and its ‘ambivalent routinization’ within Jamaican society. Students of religion and sociology, fans of reggae music, and the general reader will gain much from this unusual study.
- Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets: Completely Revised and Updated ebook
- Conversations with Jesus, Updated and Revised Edition: Talk That Really Matters ebook
- New Revised and Updated McCall's Cookbook ebook
- New Jersey (One Nation (Revised and Updated)) ebook
- The Illustrated Sports Record Book: Revised and Updated Fourth Edition ebook
- How to Start a Conversation and Make Friends: Revised and Updated ebook
- Conversational German: Revised Updated (Living Language Series) ebook
- The Silent Passage: Revised and Updated Edition ebook
- Trout Unlimited's Guide to America's 100 Best Trout Streams, Updated and Revised ebook
- Stories with Holes Volume 1, Revised Updated ebook