ePub Hydrophobic Interactions download
by Arieh Ben-Naim
Hydrophobic Interactions. Authors: Ben-Naim, Arieh. Temperature and Pressure Dependence of the Hydrophobic Interactions.
Hydrophobic Interactions. eBook 85,59 €. price for Russian Federation (gross).
Hydrophobic Interactions book. Details (if other): Cancel.
Arieh Ben-Naim (Hebrew: אריה בן-נאים; Jerusalem, 11 July 1934) is a professor of physical chemistry who retired in 2003 from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. He has made major contributions over 40 years to the theory of the structure of water, aqueous solutions and lic interactions. He is mainly concerned with theoretical and experimental aspects of the general theory of liquids and solutions.
A A. Ben Naim Entropy for smart kids and their curious parents, Cambridge . This book discusses entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamic In such way that everyone can understand its subject matter.
Ben-Naim, Discover Probability; How to Use it, How to Avoid Misusing it and How it Affects Every Aspect of Your Life, World Scientific, Singapore (2014). A. Ben-Naim, Information, Entropy, Life and the Universe. What we know and what we do not know, World Scientific, Singapore (2015). Ben Naim Entropy for smart kids and their curious parents, Cambridge Scholar Publishing, (2019). Entropy is one of the must interesting concepts in physics.
We analyze all the contributions to the standard free energy of association between two proteins. We find that the solvent-induced interactions between two (or more) hydrophilic groups can turn a highly unfavorable process of association into a highly favorable one.
Arieh Ben-Naim (Author)
Arieh Ben-Naim (Author). Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Are you an author? Learn about Author Central. Arieh Ben-Naim (Author). This book starts out by presenting the evidence for hydrophilic interactions in biochemical processes and then goes on to describe the applications of the hydrophilic interactions in these processes, specifically protein folding, protein association, self assembly and molecular recognition. In Part I of this series, it was shown that the role of the so-called hydrophobic effect in biochemical processes was over-exaggerated.
AUTHORS: Arieh Ben-Naim. KEYWORDS: Protein Folding, Protein Association, Molecular Recognition, Hydrophobic, Hydrophilic Interactions. JOURNAL NAME: Open Journal of Biophysics, Vo. N., October 18, 2011. ABSTRACT: In the beginning everything was explained in Biochemistry in terms of hydrogen-bonds (HB). Then, the devastating blow, known as the HB-inventory argument came; hydrogen bonding with water molecules compete with intramolecular hydrogen-bonds. As a result, the HBs paradigm fell from grace.
Cite this paper: Arieh Ben-Naim. Inversion of the lic Paradigm Demystifies the Protein Folding and Self-Assembly of Problems. International Journal of Physics. doi: 1. 2691/ijp-1-3-2. Correspondence to: Arieh Ben-Naim, Department of Physical Chemistry The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel. The idea that the hydrophobic effect is the major driving force for processes such as protein folding and protein-protein association has prevailed in the biochemical literature for over half a century. This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. Tell us if something is incorrect. Hydrophobic Interactions.
Arieh Ben-Naim is a modern antagonist of the term entropy. He advocates abandoning the word entropy altogether, and replacing it with missing information. He also indicates that the Kelvin temperature scale artificially introduces the units of thermodynamic entropy. Because this temperature scale was introduced before the atomic, microscopic nature of matter was widely accepted, the Boltzmann constant was necessary. S kBlog(W) could be expressed simply as S log(W) if the energy units for temperature kBT were used
- Nutrition, Food and Drug Interactions in Man: International Symposium, Paris, November 1982 (World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics, Vol. 43) ebook
- Comprehensive Treatise of Electrochemistry:Vol. 5:Thermodynamics and Transport Properties of Aqueous and Molten Electrolytes (Biochemical Endocrinology) ebook
- Vibronic Interactions in Molecules and Crystals (Springer Series in Chemical Physics) ebook
- The Interactions between Sediments and Water ebook
- Driving Forces in Physical, Biological and Socio-economic Phenomena: A Network Science Investigation of Social Bonds and Interactions ebook
- Physical Processes in Laser-Materials Interactions (Nato Science Series B:) ebook
- Metal Oxide Chemistry and Synthesis: From Solution to Solid State ebook
- Wiley CPA Examination Review, Problems and Solutions (WILEY CPA EXAMINATION REVIEW VOL 2: PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS) (Volume 2) ebook
- Matter and Interactions ebook
- Insect Plant Interactions 7 (FOCUS ON INSECT-PLANT INTERACTIONS) ebook