ePub Global Tectonics download
by Philip Kearey,F.J. Vine
PHIL KEAREY was Senior Lecturer in Applied Geophysics in the Department of Earth Sciences at Bristol University . FREDERICK J. VINE is an Emeritus Professor in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, .
PHIL KEAREY was Senior Lecturer in Applied Geophysics in the Department of Earth Sciences at Bristol University, . prior to his premature death in 2003. He was made a Fellow of the Royal Society of London and has received numerous awards for work on the interpretation of oceanic magnetic anomalies and ophiolites, fragments of oceanic crust thrust up on land, in terms of sea floor spreading. Библиографические данные.
Frederick John Vine FRS (born 17 June 1939) is an English marine geologist and geophysicist
Frederick John Vine FRS (born 17 June 1939) is an English marine geologist and geophysicist. He made key contributions to the theory of plate tectonics, helping to show that the seafloor spreads from mid-ocean ridges with a symmetrical pattern of magnetic reversals in the basalt rocks on either side. Vine was born in Chiswick, London, and educated at Latymer Upper School and St John's College, Cambridge where he studied Natural Sciences (BA, 1962) and marine geophysics (PhD, 1965).
Additional Product Features. Philip Kearey, Frederick J. Vine. Place of Publication.
Each month we recycle over . million books, saving over 12,500 tonnes of books a year from going straight into landfill sites. All of our paper waste is recycled and turned into corrugated cardboard. Additional Product Features.
Authors and affiliations. Oceanic Crust Plate Tectonic Backarc Basin Accretionary Prism Continental Drift. These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Global Tectonics book.
While the structure of the book is largely unchanged approximately two-thirds of the figures and text are new or revised.
Philip Kearey, Keith A. Klepeis, Frederick J.
- Plate Tectonics and Crustal Evolution ebook
- Contributions to the Tectonics and Geophysics of Mountain Chains (MEMOIR (GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA)) ebook
- Tectonics and Geophysics of Continental Rifts: Volume Two of the Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute Paleorift Systems with Emphasis on ... 27 – August 5, 1977 (Nato Science Series C:) ebook
- Plate Tectonics: Earth's Shifting Crust (The Encyclopedia of Discovery and Invention) ebook
- The Adria Microplate: GPS Geodesy, Tectonics and Hazards (Nato Science Series: IV:) ebook
- Plate Tectonics, Volcanoes, and Earthquakes (Dynamic Earth) ebook
- Advances in Global Leadership, Vol. 3 (Advances in Global Leadership) (Advances in Global Leadership) ebook
- Tectonics of Suspect Terranes: Mountain building and continental growth (Topics in the Earth Sciences) ebook
- Mechanisms of Continental Drift and Plate Tectonics ebook
- Sedimentation, Tectonics, and Eustasy (Special Publication 12 of the IAS) (SPECIAL PUBLICATION OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SEDIMENTOLOGISTS) ebook