ePub Optical Mineralogy download
by Paul Francis Kerr
Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Discover new books on Goodreads. See if your friends have read any of Paul Francis Kerr's books. Paul Francis Kerr’s Followers (2). Paul Francis Kerr. Paul Francis Kerr’s books.
Informações bibliográficas. McGraw-Hill Book Company, in. 1942. Original de. Universidade da Califórnia. Austin Flint Rogers, Paul Francis Kerr.
There is no douth in my mind that this remains the best book made for identification in optical mineralogy. In addition to containing descriptions of optical properties for over 450 minerals, it has a easy to use system of tabels which crossreference and compare the optical properties of the minerals. This system is very well taliored and makes identification, not a dream but a lot easier. The book also has a large section on the theory of optical mineralogy and polarizing microscope. Information Rich Treasure.
Optical mineralogy is the study of minerals and rocks by measuring their optical properties. Most commonly, rock and mineral samples are prepared as thin sections or grain mounts for study in the laboratory with a petrographic microscope
Optical mineralogy is the study of minerals and rocks by measuring their optical properties. Most commonly, rock and mineral samples are prepared as thin sections or grain mounts for study in the laboratory with a petrographic microscope. Some of the properties and techniques used include: Refractive index. Michel-Lévy Interference colour chart.
PROFESSOR OF MINERALOGY, COLUMllIA UNIVERSITY. Mcgraw-hill book company. This book, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without pemlission of the publishers.
Dana- Text book of mineralogy. William . esse- Introduction to optical mineralogy. Optical mineralogy by Paul Francis Kerr. are 3 most fundamental books for any one. 1 Recommendation. In conclusion we must point out that the basic text book for this subject is C. H. Leigh-Dugmore's Microscopy of Rubber.
Paul F. Kerr (12 February 1897 – 27 February 1981), was a Professor of Mineralogy at Columbia University. During the second World War, he was tasked with locating and procuring supplies of uranium for the Manhattan Project
Paul F. During the second World War, he was tasked with locating and procuring supplies of uranium for the Manhattan Project. Kerr had an academic interest in the geology of tungsten, uranium and clay minerals. He pioneered the use of X-rays in the process of mineral identification and is considered to be one of the fathers of applied mineralogy
- Rocks and Minerals: A Discovery Guide ebook
- Cosmic Keys to Perfect Health : Lessons on How to Achieve Wholeness Through the Transformational Properties of the Fourteen Cosmic Minerals and Universal Laws ebook
- Authigenic Minerals in Sedimentary Rocks ebook
- Rock Minerals: Their Chemical and Physical Characters and Their Determination in Thin Sections ebook
- Sulfate Minerals: Crystallography, Geochemistry, and Environmental Significance (Reviews in Mineralogy Geochemistry) (Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry,) ebook
- Nanostructured Thin Films and Coatings: Functional Properties (Handbook of Nanostructured Thin Films and Coatings) ebook
- Field Guide to Rocks and Minerals of the World (Field Guides) ebook
- Structural Classification of Minerals: Volume I: Minerals with A, Am Bn and ApBqCr General Chemical Formulas (Solid Earth Sciences Library) (v. 1) ebook
- Smithsonian Handbooks: Rocks Minerals (Smithsonian Handbooks) ebook
- Standard curves for interpretation of magnetic anomalies due to thin dykes of finite depth extent (Bulletin - Department of Minerals and Energy, ... Resources, Geology and Geophysics ; 152) ebook