ePub Geometry of Manifolds (Perspectives in Mathematics) download
by K. Shiohama
Print Book & E-Book. Perspectives in Mathematics. Affiliations and Expertise. Of Mathematics, Faculty of Science Kyushu University Japan.
Print Book & E-Book. ISBN 9780126401707, 9780080925783. Geometry of Manifolds. Hardcover ISBN: 9780126401707. eBook ISBN: 9780080925783.
Get a full overview of Perspectives in Mathematics Book Series. Most recent Volume: Algebraic and Analytic Methods in Representation Theory. Volume 6. Analytic Properties of Automorphic L-Functions.
The book would certainly make a good graduate textbook. This elegant book is certain to become the standard introduction to synthetic differential geometry. it is clearly written and contains a reasonable number of nontrivial exercises. It deals with some classical spaces in differential geometry, namely 'prolongation spaces' or neighborhoods of the diagonal.
A manifold structure is even a richer structure (for example, the notion of dimension is much cleaner and more canonical)
A manifold structure is even a richer structure (for example, the notion of dimension is much cleaner and more canonical). However, very often people think of smooth manifolds in which case you additionally get an idea of differentiability, tangent spaces and tangent vectors: this can still be done without a metric. All the field of differential topology deals with smooth structures and differential invariants that are, sometimes, defined via a metric, but are independent on the choice of the metric.
Geometry of Manifolds book.
In: Shiohama, K. (eds) Geometry of Manifolds. Perspectives in Mathematics, vol. 8, pp. 345–350. Wang . On the geometry of positively curved manifolds with large radius. Academic press, New York (1989)Google Scholar. 48, 89–96 (2004)le Scholar.
This is a second-semester graduate course on the geometry of manifolds
This is a second-semester graduate course on the geometry of manifolds. The main emphasis is on the geometry of symplectic manifolds, but the material also includes long digressions into complex geometry and the geometry of 4-manifolds, with special emphasis on topological considerations. For example, "tallest building". For example, "largest in the world".
The book Lectures on Dierential Geometry was published in Chinese . For product of manifolds with negative curvature, it was determined by A. Freire.
The book Lectures on Dierential Geometry was published in Chinese around 1989. It did have great inuence for a generation of Chinese mathematicians to become interested in this subject. Gromov developed a remarkable Morse theory for the distance function (a preliminary version was developed by K. Grove and K. Shiohama ) to compare the topology of a geodesic ball to that of a large ball, thereby obtaining a bound on the Betti numbers of compact manifolds with nonnegative sectional curvature.
- Handbook of Differential Geometry, Volume 1 ebook
- Handbook of Pseudo-riemannian Geometry and Supersymmetry (IRMA Lectures in Mathematics and Theoretical Physics) ebook
- Geometry: Concepts and Skills: Teacher's Edition Geometry 2010 ebook
- Taxicab Geometry: Adventure in Non-Euclidean Geometry (Addison-Wesley innovative series) ebook
- Differential Geometry and Related Topics ebook
- An Introduction to Riemannian Geometry and the Tensor Calculus ebook
- Differential Geometry and Integrable Systems: Proceedings of a Conference on Integrable Systems in Differential Geometry, July 2000, Tokyo University (Contemporary Mathematics) ebook
- An Introduction to Finsler Geometry (Peking University Series in Mathematics) ebook
- Geometry from a Differentiable Viewpoint ebook
- Affine Differential Geometry ebook