ePub The Philosophy of the Daodejing download
by Hans-Georg Moeller
Hans-Georg Moeller is associate professor of philosophy at Brock University in St. Catharines, Canada. If you have any interest in the Daodejing or early Daoism, Professor Moeller's books (he also penned the excellent "Daoism Explained") are a fine addition to your library.
Hans-Georg Moeller is associate professor of philosophy at Brock University in St. He is the author of three other books on Daoism, including Daoism Explained: From the Dream of the Butterfly to the Fishnet Allegory. Please note that only parts of the Daodejing are translated by the author, not the entire book. 19 people found this helpful.
Hans-Georg Moeller presents a clear and coherent description and analysis of this vaguely understood Chinese classic. He explores the recurring images and ideas that shape the work and offers a variety of useful approaches to understanding and appreciating this canonical text. Moeller expounds on the core philosophical issues addressed in the Daodejing, clarifying such crucial concepts as Yin and Yang and Dao and De. He explains its teachings on a variety of subjects, including sexuality, ethics, desire, cosmology, human nature, the emotions, time, death, and the death penalty. Moeller places the Daodejing in its historical context. Any person reading an ancient text needs to know the historical context
Hans-Georg Moeller presents a clear and coherent description and analysis of this vaguely understood Chinese classic. Any person reading an ancient text needs to know the historical context. I'm looking at you, American Christians, but I digress.
Hans-Georg Moeller presents a clear and coherent description and . Other readers will always be interested in your opinion of the books you've read. An illuminating exploration, The Daodejing is an interesting foil to the philosophical outlook of Western humanism and contains surprising parallels between its teachings and nontraditional contemporary philosophies.
Hans-Georg Moeller presents a clear and coherent description and analysis of this . Books related to The Philosophy of the Daodejing.
Got it. We value your privacy.
Prof Hans-Georg MOELLER. Books authored (in English): Genuine Pretending: On the Philosophy of the Zhuangzi. With Paul D’Ambrosio. New York: Columbia University Press. Japanese translation: ラディカル・ルーマン: 必然性の哲学から偶有性の理論. Tokyo: Shin-yo-sha, 2018. Italian translation: Per comprendere Luhmann. A Case for Amorality. New York: Columbia University Press, 2009. Chicago: Open Court, 2007.
Finding books BookSee BookSee - Download books for free. The Philosophy of the Daodejing. Category: Общественные науки прочие, Философия. 0 Mb. Volker Schlondorff's Cinema: Adaptation, Politics, and the '. Hans Bernhard Moeller, George L Lellis. Category: Искусство, Кинематография.
- Dao Companion to Neo-Confucian Philosophy (Dao Companions to Chinese Philosophy) ebook
- Chinese Texts Philosophical Contexts ebook
- Wittgenstein on Rules and Nature (Continuum Studies in British Philosophy) ebook
- The Philosophical and Theological Foundations of Ethics: An Introduction to Moral Theory and its Relation to Religious Belief ebook
- Art and Philosophy ebook
- A Treatise Concerning the Principles of Human Knowledge (Oxford Philosophical Texts) ebook
- Aesthetics and Literature (Bloomsbury Aesthetics) ebook
- Robert Brandom (Philosophy Now) ebook
- The Four Chinese Classics: Tao Te Ching, Analects, Chuang Tzu, Mencius ebook
- Quest of Soul: Book Two: The Esoteric Teachings of the Tradition of Tao (The Esoteric Teachings of the Tradition of Tao Series, Book 2) ebook