ePub Efficiency and Justice in the Industrial World: v. 1: The Failure of the Soviet Experiment download
by Dusan Pokorny
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
In the last years of the Soviet Union, with remarkable suddenness, it became commonplace to observe that what the country needed was a free market, private property and integration into the global economy. But why (aside from the obvious fact that the alternative was failing) should this consciousness dawn in our day? This book argues that the time has come to reflect on what the epochal events of our era are teaching us about larger questions - the relationship between economy and society, culture and market.
Vol. 1, The Failure of the Soviet Experiment. x, 297 pp. Bibliography. Albert J. Schmidt (a1). George Washington University.
After the Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia in 1968, Dušan Pokorný emigrated to Canada, where he became Professor of Economics and Political Science at the University of Toronto
After the Soviet occupation of Czechoslovakia in 1968, Dušan Pokorný emigrated to Canada, where he became Professor of Economics and Political Science at the University of Toronto. His articles on interactions between philosophic and economic thought have appeared in The Canadian Journal of Economics, History of Political Economy, and The Philosophical Forum. Among the books to which he contributed essays on the development of nations, states, and markets are Democratic Theory and Technological Society (. Sharpe, 1988) and Socialist Dilemmas: East and West (.
He headed the Soviet trade mission in Maputo, Mozambique. Pokorný, Dušan (1993). p. 257. ISBN 978-1-56324-139-0. In preparation for the events of January 1991, the KGB brought Sakalauskas to Moscow in an attempt to recruit him for the planned coup by the National Salvation Committee. Sakalauskas was offered to head the planned pro-Moscow government, but he refused and returned to Mozambique References.
Pokorny, Dusan, 1919-. Includes bibliographical references and indexes. Books for People with Print Disabilities. u'11': u'Economics', u'1': u'Marxian economics', u'0': u'Communism - Soviet Union', u'3': u'Eu0301conomie marxiste - . S', u'2': u'Communisme - URSS', u'5': u'Economic policy', u'4': u'Communism', u'7': u'Soviet Union - Economic policy', u'9': u'Soviet Union', u'8': u'. v. 1. The failure of the Soviet experiment - v. 2. The uneasy success of postwar Europe.
These are some of the questions Dusan Pokorny considers in this second volume of his exploration of the efficiency-justice conundrum. You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices
These are some of the questions Dusan Pokorny considers in this second volume of his exploration of the efficiency-justice conundrum. You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: DESKTOP.
- From Stagnation to Catastroika: Commentaries on the Soviet Economy, 1983-1991 (The Washington Papers) ebook
- Who's Who in the Soviet Union: A Biographical Encyclopedia of 5,000 Leading Personalities in the Soviet Union ebook
- The Jews of the Soviet Union: The History of a National Minority (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies) ebook
- Economy of China ebook
- Global Economy, Global Justice: Theoretical and Policy Alternatives to Neoliberalism (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Political Economy) ebook
- Executive Power and Soviet Politics (CONTEMPORARY SOVIET/POST-SOVIET POLITICS) ebook
- Soviet But Not Russian: The Other Peoples of the Soviet Union ebook
- Self-Management: Economic Theory and Yugoslav Practice (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies) ebook
- Labour Statistics for a Market Economy: Challenges and Solutions in the Transition Countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union (Central European University Press Book) ebook
- Soviet Workers and the Collapse of Perestroika: The Soviet Labour Process and Gorbachev's Reforms, 1985-1991 (Cambridge Russian, Soviet and Post-Soviet Studies) ebook