ePub South Africa: The Struggle for a New Order download
by Professor Marina Ottaway
Books for People with Print Disabilities. Internet Archive Books.
Willem de Klerk, FW de Klerk: The Man in His Time; Marina Ottaway.
This book is a masterful summation and analysis of the negotiating process underway in South Africa since 1990, sorting through the welter of organizations, issues and layers of conflict in a manner that clarifies without drastically oversimplifying. Until the collapse of the multiparty codesa talks in mid-1992, little progress toward a national settlement had occurred, the author argues, primarily because the two main protagonists-the National Party and the African National Congress-remained convinced that their pre-1990 goals could still be achieved without substantial compromise.
Published 1993 by Brookings Institution in Washington, . Politics and government, Apartheid, In library. Includes bibliographical references (p. -239) and index.
The Democratic Reform Party of South Africa was a party active in the South African coloured . Ottaway, Marina (2010-12-01). Download as PDF. Printable version.
The Democratic Reform Party of South Africa was a party active in the South African coloured community in the late Apartheid years. It won five of the eighty seats in the segregated House of Representatives and formed the official opposition against the Labour Party's 69 seats References. Brookings Institution Press. p. 225. ISBN 978-0-8157-2046-1. This article about an organisation in South Africa is a stub.
Rupert G. D. Taylor, Marina S. Ottaway. Democracy in Africa: Diversity within a Common [email protected]@@Les Mirages de la Democratie en Afrique Subsharienne [email protected]@cratic Experiments in Africa: Regime Transitions in Comparative.
On the ANC see Marina Ottaway, ‘Liberation .
On the ANC see Marina Ottaway, ‘Liberation Movement and Tradition to Democracy: The Case of the ANC’, Journal of Modern African Studies, 29 (1991), 61–82 andCrossRefGoogle Scholar. Frederik van Zyl Slabbert and David Welsh, South Africa’s Options: Strategies for Sharing Power (New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1979)Google Scholar.
Department of Political Science, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, currently at the Center for African Studies, Stanford University, California. Published online by Cambridge University Press: 11 November 2008.
Tell us if something is incorrect. Arrives by Thursday, Aug 8. Or get it by Wed, Jul 31 with faster delivery. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12.
- Finding the Words: A Rhetorical History of South Africa's Transition from Apartheid to Democracy (Civic Discourse for the Third Millennium) ebook
- Lessons of Struggle: South African Internal Opposition, 1960-1990 ebook
- Watching the Wind: Conflict Resolution during South Africa's Transition to Democracy ebook
- The Anti-Apartheid Reader: The Struggle Against White Racist Rule in South Africa ebook
- What is Slavery to Me?: Postcolonial/Slave Memory In Post-Apartheid South Africa ebook
- Liberating Namibia: The Long Diplomatic Struggle Between the United Nations and South Africa ebook
- Nelson Mandela Speaks: Forging a Democratic, Nonracial South Africa ebook
- Disabling Globalization: Places of Power in Post-Apartheid South Africa ebook
- The Release of Nelson Mandela: February 11, 1990 (Dates With History) ebook
- Politics of the New South Africa: Apartheid and After, The ebook