ePub Identity and Difference: Translation Shaping Culture download
by Maria Sidiropoulou
Identity and Difference:. has been added to your Cart.
Identity and Difference:.
Identity and Difference book. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
The volume comprises a selection of contributions to the international conference Choice and Difference in Translation (Athens 2003, Faculty of English Studies, University of Athens).
s-Frankfurt am Main-New York-Oxford-Wien: Peter Lang, 2005.
Cite this publication. This chapter explores the way Hemingway is translated, understood, and assimilated in Arabic-a culture which is completely different from the Anglo-Saxon culture to which Hemingway belongs. Translators of Hemingway in Arabic present an author who is verbose, inexact, and fond of the use of which are diametrically opposed to Hemingway's style, fame, and legacy.
ISBN 13: 9780820471648.
Maria Sidiropoulou is Associate Professor in Translation Studies at the Faculty of English, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. She has a background in cs. She has published books and articles on translation theoretical issues in press, advertisement, literature and theatre translation between English and Greek. She has translated and supervised translation work. Библиографические данные.
Books: Translation: Sidiropoulou. Message 1: Linguistic Identities through Translation: Sidiropoulou. This book addresses the need for a systematic approach to the study of identities. Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:16:00 -0400 (EDT) From: . an. nl Subject: Linguistic Identities through Translation: Sidiropoulou. It explores the potential of drawing conclusions about linguistic identities through analysis of source and target versions of texts.
- Cultural Studies: Interdisciplinarity and Translation (Critical Studies 20) ebook
- Computer-Aided Translation Technology: A Practical Introduction (Didactics of Translation) ebook
- The Translation Studies Reader ebook
- Translation as Intercultural Communication: Selected papers from the EST Congress, Prague 1995 (Benjamins Translation Library) ebook
- In Translation - Reflections, Refractions, Transformations (Benjamins Translation Library) ebook
- Translation, Humour and the Media: Translation and Humour Volume 2 (Continuum Advances in Translation) ebook
- Translation and Identity ebook
- Translating Selves: Experience and Identity Between Languages and Literatures ebook
- Future and Communication: The Role of Scientific and Technical Communication and Translation in Technology Development and Transfer ebook
- interpretatio.Language and Translation from Cicero to Tytler. (Approaches to Translation Studies 8) ebook