ePub Sears List of Subject Headings download
by Westby,No Illustrations
Sears List of Subject. by Barbara M. Westby. See a Problem? We’d love your help.
Sears List of Subject.
While Sears remains a list of subject headings and not a true thesaurus, it. .
New topics appear every day, and books on those topics require new subject headings. Headings for new topics can be developed from the Sears List in two ways, by establishing new terms as needed and by subdividing the headings already in the List.
The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work.
Provides a core list of key headings with patterns and examples to guide the cataloger in creating further headings as required. The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work.
Sears List of Subject Headings. III. Sears, Minnie Earl, 1873-1933. Sears list of subject headings.
Sears, Minnie Earl, 1873-1933; Westby, Barbara Marietta. Books for People with Print Disabilities. xli, 617 p. ; 26 cm. First-5th ed. published under title: List of subject headings for small libraries. Bibliography: p. xxxiii-xxxiv. Internet Archive Books.
Sears placed these headings in line with LCSH format, which allowed the introduction of LC headings when necessary, and also the ability to upgrade to LCSH should the collection grow too large for a limited list. Contains DDC class numbers to define disciplinary facet.
H 1333 Books and Reading (PDF, 46 KB). H 1333.
About the Organization. 5 Deleted Heading Information (PDF, 29 KB) REVISED April 2015. H 1333 Books and Reading (PDF, 46 KB). 5 Boundaries (PDF, 37 KB). H 1334 Buildings and Other Structures (PDF, 71 KB) REVISED August 2017.
The Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) comprise a thesaurus (in the information science sense, a controlled vocabulary) of subject headings, maintained by the United States Library of Congress.
The Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) comprise a thesaurus (in the information science sense, a controlled vocabulary) of subject headings, maintained by the United States Library of Congress, for use in bibliographic records. LC Subject Headings are an integral part of bibliographic control, which is the function by which libraries collect, organize and disseminate documents. It first appeared in year 1898, a year later to the publication of Library of Congress Classification(1897)
List of subject headings.
New York, H. W. Wilson C. 1972. Physical description. xliii, 590 p. 27 cm. Online. List of subject headings. Browse related items.
The subject headings within Sears are meant to correlate to the classification scheme used within the . We’ve also integrated the list of Canadian subject headings, eliminating the need for the supplement that was published previously.
The subject headings within Sears are meant to correlate to the classification scheme used within the well-known Dewey Decimal System. This makes it easier for libraries to find the subject headings they can use to further classify their collection.
- Concepts and Subject Headings: Their Relations in Information Retrieval and Library Science ebook
- Wynar's Introduction to Cataloging and Classification, 9th Edition (Library and Information Science Text Series) ebook
- Sears List of subject headings ebook
- A List of Subject Headings for School and Other Libraries ebook
- For freedom;: The biography of John Nelson Armstrong ebook
- Dr. Sears' Real Heart Strength - Audio ebook
- Cataloging Legal Literature: A Manual on Aacr 2 and Library of Congress Subject Headings for Legal Materials (Aall Publications Series) ebook
- Sears List of Subject Headings (18th Edition) ebook
- African Books in Print, 1993: Livres Africains Disponobles ebook
- Subject Headings for Use in Dictionary Catalogs of Juvenile Books ebook