ePub Gender and Monitoring: A Review of Practical Experiences (BRIDGE report) download
by Paola Brambilla
This document examines the ways that a gender approach is integrated into existing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
This document examines the ways that a gender approach is integrated into existing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms. The paper outlines and defines gender sensitive indicators, and takes a detailed look at one type of gender senstitive indicator – gender empowerment measures. Case studies of implementation of such approaches in both institutions (including the World Bank, DFID, ILAO, and ActionAid) and governments are included.
London: BRIDGE, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex
London: BRIDGE, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex. Burri, S Van Eijken, H (2015) Gender Equality Law in 33 European Countries: How are EU Rules Transposed Into National Law in 2014? Brussels: Publications Office of the European Union.
Full text - 28 pages. Effectiveness of Aid Interventions to Strengthen Collective Action that Facilitate Women's Political Empowerment - Executive Summary. Effectiveness of Donor Support to Women in Formal Political Leadership - Executive Summary
Gender creeps into our day-today life so smoothly that we take it for granted and accept it as a natural part of our lives, something that needs no explanation. The development of gender roles often begins as early as infancy. It manifests itself in all aspects of our social life
Gender creeps into our day-today life so smoothly that we take it for granted and accept it as a natural part of our lives, something that needs no explanation. It manifests itself in all aspects of our social life. The traces of gender can be found in our way of speaking, the use of humour, conflict situations and so on. It is embedded so strongly in our actions, beliefs and desires that it appears to us quite natural.
This report aims to provide a practical tool that can be used to integrate a gender approach into existing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms. Corporate Authorship Paola Brambilla. This paper first defines M&E, goes on to look at how indicators can be made gender-sensitive, who should be involved in this process, and when during the project cycle.
For those of us who continue to struggle with the implementation of Women in Development (WID) policy in international development programs, Moser's Gender Planning provides a very useful and welcome guide. An Urban Social Policy Specialist at the World Bank, she offers a detailed analysis and methodology for "gender planning" in Third World countries.
The concluding chapter examines how to conduct a monitoring assessment, and re-visits key concepts from the rest of th. .
The remainder of Practical Monitoring covers monitoring tactics, and includes a discussion of monitoring from the perspective of both the business and technology. The chapter on monitoring the business discusses concepts such as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and provides techniques to identify and capture these. The concluding chapter examines how to conduct a monitoring assessment, and re-visits key concepts from the rest of the book with a focus on how to identify associated current strengths and weaknesses within an organistion.
Nonclinical Study Contracting and Monitoring: A Practical Guide offers a systematic and straightforward handbook for obtaining high quality preclinical Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) studies. This book is full of real-world examples, processes, procedures, useful templates, checklists and sample reports to provide readers with a better understanding of exactly what happens during all stages of a GLP study and the critical aspects of GLP study design and conduct. Designed for both the novice and experienced scientist, this book covers the GLP regulations and how they impact.
Brambilla, Paola, 2001. Gender Manual: A Practical Guide for Development Policy Makers and Practitioners. W. Wakeman and A. Bhushan, 1996. BRIDGE, Institute of Development Studies University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE, UK. Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), 1997. Guide to Gender-Sensitive Indicators).
- Intercomparison and intercalibration techniques employed for the UK national air monitoring networks (Laboratory report / Warren Spring Laboratory) ebook
- Education for All Global Monitoring Report - 2008: Education for All by 2015 - Will we make it? ebook
- Application of the Microenvironment Monitoring Approach to Assess Human Exposure to Carbon Monoxide (Rand Report) ebook
- Same Service or Equal Service?: Second Report on Social Services Departments' Development,Implementation and Monitoring of Services for the Black and Minority Ethnic Community ebook
- World Population Monitoring: Focusing on Population Distribution, Urbanization Internal Migration and Development: The Concise Report (Population Studies Series) ebook
- Gender and Primary Schooling in Tanzania (IDS Research Report) ebook
- Evaluating Waterbody Assessment and Listing Processes: Integration of Monitoring and Evaluative Techniques (Werf Research Report) ebook
- Gender and Primary Schooling in Ethiopia (IDS Research Report) ebook
- Guidelines for Evaluation and Repair of Damaged Steel Bridge Members (National Cooperative Highway Research Program Report) ebook
- Monitoring the News: The Brilliant Launch and Sudden Collapse of the Monitor Channel ebook