ePub Index to Afro-American Reference Resources.: (Bibliographies and Indexes in Afro-American and African Studies) download
by Rosemary M. Stevenson
Index to Afro-American Reference Resources. by Rosemary M. Stevenson.
Index to Afro-American Reference Resources.
Bibliographies and Indexes in Afro-American and African Studies). 0313245800 (ISBN13: 9780313245800).
Davis's new annotated reference guide to Afro-American resource i. .These citations cover bibliographies, indexes, directories, selected anthologies, and dictionaries.a welcome addition as it brings the field up to date, even including books published in 1985. Davis has done an excellent job, dividing the bibliography into 17 major subject areas and citing 642 works. A few periodical articles are listed as well.
Bibliography: p. -xxvi. Books for People with Print Disabilities.
Title proper: Bibliographies and indexes in Afro-American and African studies. Country: United States.
This annotated bibliography examines relevant works on the relationships between African Americans and the Southern Populist movement in hope of leading to further scholarship and understanding of this period. This book is the first of its kind in its subject area. This bibliography presents a significant amount of new material to scholars.
African-American studies (alternately named Afroamerican studies, or in US education, black studies) is an interdisciplinary academic field that is primarily devoted to the study of the history, culture.
African-American studies (alternately named Afroamerican studies, or in US education, black studies) is an interdisciplinary academic field that is primarily devoted to the study of the history, culture, and politics of black people from the United States. African American studies are a sub-field of African diaspora studies and Africana studies, the study of the people of African origin worldwide.
Index to Poetry by Black American Women: (Bibliographies and Indexes in Afro-American and African Studies). Dorothy Hilton Chapman. Download (epub, 746 Kb). FB2 PDF MOBI TXT RTF. Converted file can differ from the original. If possible, download the file in its original format.
The terminology for African-Americans used in the guide (. colored, negro, black, Afro-American, African-American) reflect the term used when the records described were created. Since records are added to the Archives on a regular basis, this guide will always be a work-in-progress like all such publications. The following publications contain information on African-American history at Illinois.
This volume makes a much-needed contribution to the field of Afro-American studies by providing subject access to a wealth of materials on the black experience in the Americas. Sources include titles generally considered to be reference tools, such as dictionaries, encyclopedias, catalogs, indexes, abstracts, bibliographies, and resource guides, as well as selected resources such as classic history texts and anthologies that fall outside the traditional reference area. Throughout, the emphasis is on the United States, although a significant number of citations from Canada, the Caribbean, and South America are also included. This index to Afro-American reference sources covers specific chapters and subdivisions within works in addition to providing general subject access to entire works that include helpful information on the black experience.
- American Reference Books Annual: 2009 Edition, Volume 40 ebook
- The Black athlete: Emergence and arrival (International library of Afro-American life and history) ebook
- Black Voices: An Anthology of Afro-American Literature ebook
- Antislavery Newspapers and Periodicals (Reference Publications in Afro-American Studies) ebook
- Portrait of an Expatriate: William Gardner Smith, Writer (Contributions in Afro-American and African Studies) ebook
- The White Press and Black America (Contributions in Afro-american African Studies) ebook
- African Diasporas: Afro-German Literature in the Context of the African American Experience (Transnational and Transatlantic American Studies) ebook
- Biographical Dictionary of Afro-American and African Musicians (The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Black Music) ebook
- Afro-American folktales: Stories from Black traditions in the New World ebook
- African-American/Afro-Canadian Schooling: From the Colonial Period to the Present ebook