ePub Negro Slavery in Latin America download
by Rolando Mellafe
Hardbacks Fiction Books in Latin. Hardback Graphic Novels in Latin.
Hardbacks Fiction Books in Latin. Place of Publication.
Slavery in Latin America was practiced in precolonial times. During the Atlantic slave trade, Latin America was the main destination of millions of African people transported from Africa to French, Portuguese, and Spanish colonies. Slavery's legacy is the presence of large Afro-Latino populations.
Knight, Franklin . 1976. Negro Slavery in Latin America. Translated by J. W. S. Judge. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1975. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Negro Slavery in America. Negro slavery had been introduced into the American colonies in 1619 when the Dutch ship brought its cargo of human chattels to Virginia. Throughout the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, as the plantation system came to be an integral part of the Southern economy, slavery as the source of plantation labour seemed more and more identified with the South& economic well-being. There were numbers of Americans, however, who didn& support the slave-holders& rationalizations. Many of them joined the numerous Northern societies dedicated to the abolition.
Herbert Klein’s book is an interesting and detailed comparative study of African slavery in the Spanish-, Portuguese .
Herbert Klein’s book is an interesting and detailed comparative study of African slavery in the Spanish-, Portuguese-, and French-speaking areas of America and the Dutch and English Caribbean colonies. It also compares the slavery in North America, and much of his analysis is cincerns issues also relevant to North America. Despite the focus on the plantation, he makes it clear that slavery was ubiquitous throughout Latin America and the Caribbean from the 16th to 19th century in a range of other employments including mining, crafts and domestic service. The use of slaves was limited only by their price: until the mid-19th century ethical considerations hardly arose.
The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy.
Negro Slavery in Latin America. Berkeley: University of California Press. El tema del negro en el teatro español su projección en América, in Cuadenos afro-americanos. Año 1, No. 1. Universidad Central de Venezuela: 49–102. Ramón y Rivera, Luis Felipe. Judge various indicators. The main finding is that despite early house price increases and boom-bust cycles in the early emerging markets, housing finance has in the long-run helped to build thriving construction and financial service industries, with some players starting to go global.
- Latin America: Economy and Society, 1870-1930 (Cambridge History of Latin America) ebook
- The Cambridge History of Latin America, Volume 1: Colonial Latin America ebook
- Negro Novel in America ebook
- Industrialization of Latin America.: ebook
- Latin America 2007 (WORLD TODAY SERIES LATIN AMERICA) ebook
- Rosetta Stone Latin America Spanish Level 1 (Latin America Spanish 1 Curriculum Kit, Spanish 1) ebook
- Good Neighbors?: The United States and Latin America ebook
- The Jewish Presence in Latin America (Thematic studies in Latin America) ebook
- Latinoamerica fracturada / Fractured Latin America: Identidad, Integracion Y Politica En America Latina / Identity, Integration and Politics in Latin America (Spanish Edition) ebook
- Rio Negro ebook