ePub Themes in Economic Anthropology (Social Science Paperbacks) download
by Raymond Firth
This book has soft covers. In good all round condition.
This book has soft covers. Please note the Image in this listing is a stock photo and may not match the covers of the actual item.
The main focus of the volume - the processes of choice and decision-making in different economic systems - offers exceptional scope for the convergence of economic and anthropological perspectives. It concentrates on transactions that both express and influence social relationships and values. Covering a wide geographic area there are specific studies on societies in Equatorial Africa, Colombia, South India and the Balkans. First published in 1967. The papers brought together by Professor Firth are a valuable contribution. John Goldthorpe, New Statesman.
Shop our inventory for Themes in Economic Anthropology by Raymond Firth with fast free shipping on every used book . Social Science Books. More by 'Raymond Firth'. You may also be interested in these fine selections.
Shop our inventory for Themes in Economic Anthropology by Raymond Firth with fast free shipping on every used book we have in stock! .
Sir Raymond William Firth CNZM FBA (25 March 1901 – 22 February 2002) was an ethnologist from New Zealand. As a result of Firth's ethnographic work, actual behaviour of societies (social organization) is separated from the idealized rules of behaviour within the particular society (social structure). He was a long serving Professor of Anthropology at London School of Economics, and is considered to have singlehandedly created a form of British economic anthropology.
Themes In Economic Anthropology book.
1. Raymond Firth, Themes in Economic Anthropology 2. Leonard Joy, One Economist's View of the Relationship between Economics and Anthrpology 3. Ronald Frankenberg, Economic Anthropology 4. Percy S. Cohen, Economic Analysis and Economic Man 5. Mary Douglas, Primitive Rationing: A Study in Controlled Exchange 6. Fredrik Barth, Economic Sphere in Darfur 7. Leonard Joy, An Economic Homologue of Barth's Presentation of.
Themes in Economic Anthropology. Publisher: Routledge. Print ISBN: 9780415330190, 041533019X. 9780415330190, 9780422725408, 041533019X, 0422725404, 9780415869249, 0415869242.
Cultural & Social Anthropology Books. Themes in Economic Anthropology. This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. Tell us if something is incorrect. Paperback, Taylor & Francis, 2013, ISBN13 9780415869249, ISBN10 0415869242.
- The Economics of Health and Wellness, Volume 26: Anthropological Perspectives (Research in Economic Anthropology) ebook
- Migrants and Urban Change: Newcomers to Antwerp, 1760-1860 (Perspectives in Economic and Social History) (Volume 5) ebook
- The Economies of Latin America: New Cliometric Data (Perspectives in Economic and Social History) (Volume 22) ebook
- Consequences of Economic Downturn: Beyond the Usual Economics (Perspectives from Social Economics) ebook
- Economies And Cultures: Foundations Of Economic Anthropology ebook
- Choice, Complexity and Ignorance: An Enquiry into Economic Theory and the Practice of Decision-Making ebook
- The Cultural Politics of Markets: Economic Liberalization and Social Change in Nepal (Anthropological Horizons) ebook
- Economic Reforms and Welfare Systems in the U.S.S.R., Poland and Hungary: Social Contract in Reformation ebook
- Families Economic Distress: Coping Strategies and Social Policy (New Perspectives on the Family) ebook
- Ethics and Profits: A Convergence of Corporate America's Economic and Social Responsibilities ebook