ePub Thousand-Mile Summer download
by Colin Fletcher
5 people like this topic.
5 people like this topic. Want to like this Page?
The Thousand-Mile Summer book.
The Thousand-Mile Summer book.
California Hiking: Colin Fletcher's The Thousand-Mile Summer
California Hiking: Colin Fletcher's The Thousand-Mile Summer. California Serendipity. With maps accompanying each chapter, drawn by Fletcher’s cartographer david Lindroth, more than 100 photos, and with stories from the trail, Cohrs tells a compelling tale of one of the most varied and fascinating regions on our planet. Yet, as the title reveals, California serendipity is more than a hiking guide that lays Fletcher’s original route at your feet for the first time. It takes the reader on a crash course through the state’s early history and its unique nature into finding the only true answer to Fletcher’s concern whether his 1958-trip could ever be repeated.
Colin Fletcher had a simple solution to the tedium of civilized live. In fact he enjoyed the "walk". Colin Fletcher is an excellent writer and this book is, in my opinin, is one of his best
Colin Fletcher had a simple solution to the tedium of civilized live. He simply decided to walk the length of California from south to north. Including the Mojave Desert and Death Valley. Colin Fletcher is an excellent writer and this book is, in my opinin, is one of his best.
Colin Fletcher’s Thousand-Mile Summer Revisited .
I was so inspired reading about his contemplative hike through the deserts and the Sierra that I decided to celebrate with a 50th-anniversary voyage. I vowed to retrace Fletcher’s footsteps and find out if he was right in stating that this trip could never be repeated.
His first book, The Thousand-Mile Summer (1964) recounted his 1958 .
His first book, The Thousand-Mile Summer (1964) recounted his 1958 hike along the entire eastern edge of California. His second book was The Man Who Walked Through Time (1968), in which Fletcher was the first person to walk a continuous route through Grand Canyon National Park. The book covered such topics as technique, the journey itself, and reflections which included the concept, after weeks of walking, of achieving a state of mentally "merging" with the place that one is visiting
Colin Fletcher (1922–2007) was born in Wales and educated in England.
Colin Fletcher (1922–2007) was born in Wales and educated in England. He moved to California in 1956 after serving in the Royal Marines, farming in Kenya, surveying in Zimbabwe, and prospecting in northern and western Canada.
The Thousand-Mile Summer. Published by Howell-North Books, Berkeley, California, 1964. Condition: Fine Hardcover. From Stone Soup Books (Camden, ME, .
- Ten Thousand Bullets: The Cinematic Journey of John Woo ebook
- Dorset Walk: A Hundred Mile Walk, Staggered into Stages, Across the Dorset Downs and Coast from Sherborne to Studland ebook
- America One Step at a Time: A 3,400 Mile Walk in Search of America ebook
- Green Mile audio 6: Coffey on the Mile: The Green Mile, part 6 (Vol 6) ebook
- Journey to Turkistan ebook
- The solitary landscape ebook
- A Pennine Journey: From Settle to Hadrian's Wall in Wainwright's Footsteps ebook
- Wildflowers of California: A Month-by-Month Guide ebook
- Naturally Curious: A Photographic Field Guide and Month-By-Month Journey Through the Fields, Woods, and Marshes of New England ebook
- One Thousand California Place Names: The Story Behind the Naming of Mountains, Rivers, Lakes, Capes, Bays, Counties and Cities, Third Revised edition ebook