ePub Campus in crisis download
by Buell G Gallagher
Campus in Crisis book.
Campus in Crisis book. Details (if other): Cancel.
Buell Gordon Gallagher’s books.
by Buell Gordon Gallagher. Select Format: Hardcover. ISBN13:9780060114022.
Neither book confronts what is a genuine crisis of higher education in America, though both are full of the kind of information which might have led to effective and productive analyses. Dugger's narrative is loaded with fascinating scenes: a trustee personally supervising the bulldozing of radicalladen trees on the U. of T. campus; the university president assuring a rally protesting against discrimination that he had just interviewed a black woman for the job of secretary.
Gallagher, former president of the City College of New York, takes a long, worried look at the campus convulsions of the 1960's, the post-'70 ""ominous"" quiescence, and its broader implications for the university and society at large.
Buell Gordon Gallagher (1904-1978) served as the seventh president of the City College of New York between 1953 and 1969. An ordained Congregational Minister, the Rev. Dr. Gallagher was born in Rankin, Illinois to Elmer and Elma Mryel (Poole) Gallagher. He received his bachelor's degree at Carleton College in 1925, and divinity degree at Union Theological Seminary in 1929, followed by a year of studies at the London School of Economics.
Is there a crisis in the . higher-ed sector? All higher-ed institutions have reached a turning point. They were written 44 years ago and published in a book titled Campus in Crisis, by Buell G. Gallagher, who served as president of the City College of New York from 1953 to 1969. Although there are institutions better equipped to handle this turning point than others, some are facing a crisis (pp. 10-11). How Real Is the Current . Higher Education Crisis? My point is that questionable trends and crisis circumstances have been common themes throughout the last several decades as it relates to the .
No current Talk conversations about this book.
Please come back soon.
Gallagher Books - 1454 S Broadway, Denver, Colorado 80210 - Rated 5 based on. .
Aside from Gallagher's beautiful arsenal of publications, it is worth mentioning that the owners are members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA), the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB), and the Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association (RMABA). You can not ask for a nicer bookshop.
- Historic Photos of University of Michigan ebook
- Hip-Hop Culture in College Students' Lives: Elements, Embodiment, and Higher Edutainment ebook
- Campus Confidential: The Complete Guide to the College Experience by Students for Students ebook
- Haunted Halls: Ghostlore of American College Campuses ebook
- Big Man on Campus ebook
- Campus Fever 8: Wild ebook
- Christ @ Work, in Your Transition : From the Campus to the Workplace ebook
- The Campus Guides: Phillips Academy, Andover ebook
- Dissent and Disruption ebook
- The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2009: Students on Campus Tell You What You Really Want to Know, 35th Edition (Insider's Guide to the Colleges: Students on Campus) ebook