ePub Marriage and death notices from the (Charleston, South Carolina) Mercury, 1822-1832 download
by Brent Holcomb
You Might Also Enjoy.
Bibliographic Details . Bridwell Books is the succesor to the Columbia Athenaeum, an antiquarian book shop that was located in the Sylvan Building on Hampton Street in Columbia, S. C. from 1986 until 1997
Bibliographic Details . from 1986 until 1997. Although no longer an open shop, Bridwell Books continues to specialize in South Caroliniana, genealogy, local history, and manuscript material. Visit Seller's Storefront. Terms of Sale: We guarantee the condition of every book as it's described on the Abebooks web sites.
The Charleston Mercury was a newspaper in Charleston, South Carolina founded by Henry L. Pinckney in 1819. It ceased publication with the Union Army occupation of Charleston
The Charleston Mercury was a newspaper in Charleston, South Carolina founded by Henry L. It ceased publication with the Union Army occupation of Charleston. After the American Civil War, publication resumed in November 1866 before the paper closed permanently two years later in 1868. During the American Civil War, the paper was "strongly secessionist", calling upon South Carolinian men to take up arms to defend the South.
Marriage and Death Notices from the Charleston, South Carolina, Mercury 1822-1832 by Brent H. Holcomb. This daily newspaper began publication in 1822. Hard cover, 366 pages, indexed. While the notices from some Charleston newspapers have been published, the Mercury notices have been neglected. Besides the regular marriage and death notices, this volume includes funeral notices, legal notices from burned record districts such as Colleton and Beaufort, and the occasional coroner's reports published in this newspaper.
Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. See a Problem? We’d love your help. Start by marking South Carolina Marriage and Death Notices from Charleston Newspapers, 1732-1828 as Want to Read: Want to Read savin. ant to Read. Details (if other): Cancel. Thanks for telling us about the problem. Not the book you’re looking for?
We are like Rottentomatoes or Metacritic for books. We also do book giveaways. These notices of marriage and deaths are taken from the first newspaper in Upper South Carolina. They cover the entire state of . as well as from counties in Georgia and North Carolina. They contain a wealth of genealogical information in that they often give the parents of the bride, as well as former place of residence of those whose obituaries appear herein.
History of Charleston, South Carolina. The history of Charleston, South Carolina, is one of the longest and most diverse of any community in the United States, spanning hundreds of years of physical settlement beginning in 1670 through modern times.
- WHITE SERVITUDE IN COLONIAL SOUTH CAROLINA. ebook
- Colonial South Carolina: A History ebook
- Indians of the South Carolina Lowcountry, 1562-1751 (The South Caroliniana series : Bibliographical and textual ; 5) ebook
- Biographical Directory of the South Carolina Senat ebook
- Slavery In South Carolina And The Ex-Slaves: Or The Port Royal Mission ebook
- Royal South Carolina, 1719-63 (Tricentennial booklet, no. 7) ebook
- Gullah, Geechees and Grits (And Other South Carolina Sea Island Adventures) ebook
- Legare the Lowcountry Lizard : From his Charleston Garden to the Beach ebook
- Charleston South Carolina (SC) (Black America) ebook
- Civil War Regiments: A Journal of the American Civil War : Charleston : Battles and Seacoast Operations in South Carolina ebook