ePub Automated Theorem-Proving in Non-Classical Logics (Research Notes in Theoretical Computer Science) download
Representation theorems and theorem proving in non-classical logics
Representation theorems and theorem proving in non-classical logics. February 1999 · Proceedings of The International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic. In this paper we present a method for automated theorem proving in non-classical logics having as algebraic models bounded distributive lattices with certain types of operators.
Automated theorem proving (also known as ATP or automated deduction) is a subfield of automated reasoning and mathematical logic dealing with proving mathematical theorems by computer programs. Automated reasoning over mathematical proof was a major. Automated reasoning over mathematical proof was a major impetus for the development of computer science. While the roots of formalised logic go back to Aristotle, the end of the 19th and early 20th centuries saw the development of modern logic and formalised mathematics.
Theoretical computer science (TCS) is a subset of general computer science and mathematics that focuses on more mathematical topics of computing and includes the theory of computation. It is difficult to circumscribe the theoretical areas precisely.
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 310). Thistlewaite, ., McRobbie, . In this paper we give an introduction to a technique for greatly increasing the efficiency of automated theorem provers for non-standard logics. Advanced Theorem Proving for Relevant Logics", Logique et Analyse, 28 (1985), 233–258.
Learn more about Automated Theorem Proving. Handbook of Proof Theory. Retrieval of unifiable terms is an important operation in automated theorem proving in tasks such as resolution and critical-pair generation, and in logic programming and deductive databases. Pavel Pudlák, in Studies in Logic and the Foundations of Mathematics, 1998. The most important propositional calculus for automated theorem proving is the resolution system. We present the algorithm for retrieving unifiable terms below. Observe that unification treats the indexed term and the query term symmetrically.
Abstract Automated Theorem Proving systems are enormously powerful computer programs capable of solving immensely difficult problems. The extreme capabilities of these systems lie on some well-established proof systems. Abstract Automated Theorem Proving systems are enormously powerful computer programs capable of solving immensely difficult problems. Semantic tableau is such a proof system used.
Automated reasoning in classical logic has received much attention in the literature. Waldmeister, a theorem prover for unit equational logic, has been incorporated into Mathematica as an equational reasoning method.
0273087819 (ISBN13: 9780273087816). Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia.
Temporal Logics in Computer Science It also demonstrates the range and power of automated proof checking technology.
Temporal Logics in Computer Science. Finite-State Systems. Stéphane Demri, Valentin Goranko, Martin Lange. In mathematics and logic it has also proved to be useful in the study of algorithms. It also demonstrates the range and power of automated proof checking technology. The mechanisation of metamathematics itself has important implications for automated reasoning since metatheorems can be applied by labour-saving devices to simplify proof construction.
- Meta-Logics and Logic Programming ebook
- Frontiers of Combining Systems: 4th International Workshop, FroCoS 2002, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy, April 8-10, 2002. Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) ebook
- Constructivity in Computer Science: Summer Symposium, San Antonio, TX, June 19-22, 1991. Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) ebook
- Theorem Proving in Higher Order Logics: 18th International Conference, TPHOLs 2005, Oxford, UK, August 22-25, 2005, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) ebook
- Many-Valued Logics 2 ebook
- Logic Programming and Automated Reasoning: 5th International Conference, Lpar '94 Kiev, Ukraine, July 16-22, 1994 : Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) ebook
- An algebraic approach to non-classical logics (Studies in logic and the foundations of mathematics volume 78) ebook
- Logic Programming and Automated Reasoning: International Conference LPAR '92, St.Petersburg, Russia, July 15-20, 1992. Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) ebook
- Neural Networks: Tricks of the Trade: Tricks of the Trade (Lecture Notes in Computer Science/Theoretical Computer Science and General Issues) ebook
- STACS 84: Symposium of Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science Paris, April 11-13, 1984 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) (English and French Edition) ebook