ePub A Treasury of Science Fiction download
by Groff Conklin
A Treasury of Science Fiction book. vii · Introduction · Groff Conklin · in · One of the earliest hardbound anthologies of science fiction, this collection includes 30 stories by recognized leaders in the field including .
A Treasury of Science Fiction book. Heard, Lewis Padgett, Robert Heinlein, Murray Leinster, A. E. Van Vogt, Arthur Clarke, and many others.
It was first published in hardcover by Crown Publishers in 1948, and reprinted in March 1951. An abridged paperback version including eight of its thirty stories was published by Berkley Books in July 1957 and reprinted in January 1958 and January 1965.
Treasury of Science Fiction (1948) is Groff Conklin's second science fiction anthology; his first was The Best of Science Fiction (1946). Thes two anthologies did much to shape how later sf anthologies were done. Treasury is slightly smaller than the first book, but still very large- 517 pages. The selections are more modern, come from less diverse sources (most are from Astounding ), and are, I think, of a generally higher quality.
A treasury of science fiction. Conklin, Groff, 1904-1968, ed. Publication date. Science fiction, American. New York : Bonanza Books : Distributed by Crown. inlibrary; printdisabled; ; americana. From 1950 to 1955, he was the book critic for Galaxy Science Fiction.
~ table of contents. INTRODUCTION, by Groff Conklin. THE BLAST, by Stuart Cloete. When the science fiction author has to work within the limits of the short story, he only too often has to assume certain preconceptions on the part of his readers, thus limiting his audience to a relatively small group of fans who have read so much science fiction that they accept the improbable as commonplace. This is what has led many critics to dismiss science fiction as narrow in scope and limited in appeal.
Are you sure you want to remove A treasury of science fiction from your list?
Are you sure you want to remove A treasury of science fiction from your list? A treasury of science fiction. Published 1980 by Bonanza Books, Distributed by Crown in New York.
- The couples' diet: The revolutionary weight-loss program that proves it's easier for two people to lose weight than it is for one ebook
- A Physician's Slimming Guide: For Permanent Weight Control (Workbook for Permanent Weight Control) ebook
- The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet Personal Journal: A Simple 3-Part Plan to Lose the Fat, the Wrinkles, and the Years ebook
- Weight Loss for Food Lovers: Understanding the Psychology Sabotage of Weight Loss ebook
- Weight Control Through Diet and Exercise (Teach Yourself Leisure Home Reference) ebook
- Eat Right for Your Metabolism: The Individualized Diet Plan to Balance Body Chemistry, Lose Weight, and Prevent Disease ebook
- Big Fat Lies: The Truth About Your Weight and Your Health ebook
- The Perfect 10 Diet ebook
- The Dairy-Free Detox Diet: The 14-Day Plan ebook
- The Diet Trap: Feed Your Psychological Needs and End the Weight Loss Struggle Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy ebook