ePub Creating a government that works better cost less: Status report download
by National Performance Review (U.S.)
The final report, Creating a Government That Works Better and Costs Less, was presented to President Clinton in a ceremony on the White House lawn on September 7, 1993.
He appointed Vice President Al Gore as its leader. The final report, Creating a Government That Works Better and Costs Less, was presented to President Clinton in a ceremony on the White House lawn on September 7, 1993. Immediately after the White House event, the President and Vice President made a tour of the country to promote the report and to issue Presidential directives to begin implementing its recommendations.
A Government That Worked Better and Cost Less? Evaluating Three Decades of Reform and Change in UK Central Government is a book written by Christopher Hood and Ruth Dixon.
A Government That Worked Better and Cost Less? Evaluating Three Decades of Reform and Change in UK Central Government is a book written by Christopher Hood and Ruth Dixon, and published by Oxford University Press in 2015. The authors attempt to assess the success of three decades of New Public Management, which was intended to create "a government that works better and costs less", concluding that "The short answer seems to be: higher costs and more complaints".
This report understands that a government that recognizes who its real customers are, works with them to. .In this book, Al Gore (and/or his ghost writer) systematically explore sources of government waste and offer some common sense ways to fix them.
This report understands that a government that recognizes who its real customers are, works with them to understand their needs, and puts them first, not last, is a government that deserves to govern. It's an idea that most people can get on board with, and an effort that is definitely needed now. Many of Gore's ideas are good, even 20 years later.
We’re dedicated to reader privacy so we never track you.
Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms. Results from Google Books.
Gore goes out of his way to target waste within the government, spotlighting a host of needlessly duplicated work and costly contracts that do no one but the contractors any good.
Performance-based acquisition in the US Navy provides a venue for this investigation. Institutional theory is used as a conceptual grounding for isopraxism, which aids in understanding the gap in terms of the responses of policy-making entities and implementing agencies to their external organizational influences.This book does show that we can find solutions if we just work on it. A great insight into public policy that work. One person found this helpful. Former vice president Al Gore is co-founder and chairman of both Generation Investment Management and Current TV. He is also a senior partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and a member of Apple In. s board of directors.
The Clinton administration believes it is time for a new customer service contract with the American people, a new guarantee of effective, efficient, and responsive government. Встречается в книгах (11) с 1994 по 2004. Стр. 80 - Management isn't about guessing, it's about knowing. Встречается в книгах (7) с 1994 по 1999.
- Federal Statistics: Principal Statistical Agencies' Missions and Funding ebook
- Interagency Management of Complex Contingency Operations: The Impact of Presidential Decision Directive 56 ebook
- THREAT CONVERGENCE AT THE BORDER: HOW CAN WE IMPROVE THE FEDERAL EFFORT TO DISMANTLE CRIMINAL SMUGGLING ORGANIZATIONS? ebook
- Federal Tax Treatment of State and Local Securities.: (Brookings Institution. National Committee on Government Finance. Studies of Government Finance) ebook
- How to Access Federal Government on the Internet 1998 (HOW TO ACCESS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON THE INTERNET) ebook
- Our Federal Government: How It Works : An Introduction to the United States Government (Dodd, Mead Quality Paperback) ebook
- Government Information and Policy: Changing Roles in a New Administration (Nfais Report Series, 1994/2) ebook
- From Red Tape to Results: Creating a Government That Works Better and Costs Less ebook
- Government Works: Profiles of People Making a Difference ebook
- Creating a Government That Works Better and Costs Less: The Report of the National Performance Review ebook